Friday, June 16, 2006

It is a bit overwhelming to be here at Awe Star University. The training week was incredible spiritually, but very taxing physically and emotionally. We are meeting more and more of his friends, and can see why he was so in love with them as family! We have only met the leadership, so far, and are significantly blessed!

Being here at ASU where several of the photos which have been on the website were taken, stirs some pretty deep feelings. We are excited to be here, but are a bit melancholy as we hear stories, and have the opportunity to interact with his friends. They are people who love Jesus in an incredible way. You almost have to be here with them to really understand their depth in Christ. I know BJ was "at home" here.

There are already times when I think I can hear his laugh, and it takes my breath away. I find myself looking for where the pictures were snapped. Stories are being volunteered by his former teammates about how God anointed there team here, and about his antics.

I praise God for his provision in allowing my family to take his place. Whitney will join us tomorrow, and we will be together as a family again... minus one. There is already so much to share, but the students are arriving so I must go love on them, and hopefully pour into them the love of our Savior.

dad

9 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How wonderful that the Lord surrounds you with like minded and like spirited people for you to pour into, and how awesome that you are able to spend time with them and listen to their tales of BJ. What an incredible blessing.
Our prayers are always with you.

In His Love
Linda

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking the time to blog, Brent. How awesome and touching everything must be for you. May God bless you in the path you are being led down. Always praying for you!

In Christ's love~

Linda Anderson

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just saw the interview on Fox 59. Amazing. What a blessing!

 
At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa called and said they (fox 59 news) is going to update BJ's story. My eletricity goes off (reguardless to say I had my recorder set on the dish)I paniced.
My dish didn't come back on directly my recording light was not on and I lost Lisa on the cordless phone. The minute the story comes on everthing comes back on also. If that was not a test I don't know what would be. Corinne

 
At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Fox59 interview was very well done - very real, very touching.

I forgot to turn it on until 10:15, then waited on pins and needles, fearing I had missed it, but I hadn't. (My hubby didn't quite understand why I wasn't too excited that, if I had missed it, there would be another opportunity to watch it at 2 a.m. ;-).)

Thank you, Brent and Deanna, for sharing once again from the depth of your pain that the world may know the God BJ so ardently served.

Anne B./Marion

 
At 3:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that www.awestar.edu ? You have to be kidding me that such a place exists. University???? Try something akin to a high school, except you pay a wee bit more. I'm sure a degree from there will get me a damn good job. This blog really needs to come to an end. Yea for the weather babe on FOX59, she's the only good thing on that station, besides House MD.

 
At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't enjoy this blog, why do you keep reading it? It is meaningful and a blessing to those who care about the Higgin's family. We don't appreciate your rude comments.

 
At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God loves you anonymous!! Just surrender to Him!

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a place of Love and encouragment. I appreciate every bit I can get from this site. It has blessed me. Thank you for taking the time.

Florence, KY

 

Post a Comment

<< Home