Friday, November 03, 2006

They lost their house. Their stuff is in storage. We can relate, at least with the storage issue, but she didn't know this. She went on... They're living 30 minutes away from school but she is driving her children until they can get settled. Their daughter is dealing with anger issues. I don't think the father is present for the family. Was I the only one she had to talk to? Brent suggested this thought later. Her younger children were pulling on her as she spoke with me. The fall program was over. I was packing up instruments, it was getting late.

I enjoy it when parents come talk with me after programs, I really do. I certainly don't want them to feel they can't, but I don't stand around being social. Maybe I should. My prayer for today is that I will be available and ready to listen. I'm sorry to say I was a little annoyed with this parent last night. No one else was "waiting in line" to talk with me. I had time for her. I just didn't want to hear it. Father, forgive me for being selfish once again and not remembering that our inconvenience is often the most prime time for ministry. "Our disappointment is God's divine appointment." Help me better see how to respond with a "heartbeat of obedience" to those in need. (The quotes are Walker Moore's coined quotes of profound truth) Turn my annoyances into opportunities for Your kingdom work to be done.

The students sang well. I was not surprised but I was very pleased. They really did the best ever: they were focused, they sang in tune, they seemed to enjoy it, it was good. Several of my new teacher friends came to support me. My principal too. And Brent was there. The evening was a blessed relief. Thank you for your prayers.

This morning I made pancakes. I don't do this near often enough, but I took today off and couldn't sleep, so why not? I though of BJ as I often do and missed getting to serve him too. I cried all through serving Brent and thinking of our precious meal times as a family. How we miss him! Thank you Lord for the wonderful memories and the hope we have in You.

Pray for the "I Go" Conference Awestar is helping lead with the Church at Battle Creek this weekend. Pray for the potential student and adult leadership that are coming and for their traveling mercies. Pray they hear and respond the way God would have them. Pray for God to orchestrate the details with speakers, conversations, connections made. Most of all we pray for hearts to be fully and unconditionally given to Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith. May we devote our lives to bringing others to Him, for His glory, wherever He calls us to go.

Much love,
Deanna

6 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger natenamy said...

Deanna--
I am glad that the performance went well yesterday. I wanted to let you know that I was praying for you!
We love and miss you loads.
Hugs and kisses,
Amy (for Nate too)

 
At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so needed at that school. Sometimes you may not realize it,when the children are not paying attention. But your prayers are reaching to our Father and they may not have had those prayers if you had not been there.
I pray for you and your family daily.

 
At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deanna - I am praying for you. We are human, with human emotions and our Lord knows this better than we do. Please know He holds you when you have needs. And He wants you to need Him.

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MOM! Thanks for sharing your heart! We all make mistakes... yesterday I had the opportunity to share my heart with someone, and instead made up some lame excuse to go study. I just pray that God will give me another opportunity and I will take advantage of it.
Beej loved pancakes... and good breakfasts!! I remember one free day we had in Peru, we all got up and had cereal... but not Beej. He went into the little resteraunt connected to the hostal and ordered a full out breakfast. lol
Anyways... Love you all and am wishing that I was there now!!
Love and prayers!!
Mary

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brent referenced a website a couple of weeks ago, prayforvince, and asked us to keep him in our prayers. Vince passed away a few days ago. Let's all say a prayer for this family as they say good bye to their 17 year old son.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Ashley Reagan said...

Wow! I miss you guys so much already! I love you!! :o)

Ashley Dawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home