Tuesday, August 16, 2005

My little brother, BJ, is in the hospital. He's been feeling sick lately, and was diagnosed with walking pneumonia Saturday, but he's just been getting worse. So dad (Brent) took him to the hospital today and then from there he was rushed to St. V's in Indy. His white blood cell count was 5x the normal rate. He was on oxygen when I went to see him, but he's since been put on a respirator and he'll be sedated for at least a week while they do tests to figure out what kind of infectious disease he has. He may have picked up something when he was on mission in Peru this summer. It is really scary, but we know that God is in control, so we take comfort and JOY in that! Family and friends have been so amazing, the way they've rallied to pray for him. Thank you all so much. We covet your prayers. Keep PRAYING!
-Lauren

2 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauren

I am a friend of VeeAnn Schmidt, BJ's cousin. She asked me to pray for BJ. My church and I will be happy to pray for BJ. He seems like a really great guy and how wonderful that at such a young age he is working so hard for the Lord. My daughter is his age and she reminds me alot of him.Your family and BJ are in my prayers.
God Bless You
Debi

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lord is faithful,
His love will always prevail,
We pray as servant's of God,
Our prayers shall never fail,

Trust in him is all we need,
Believe BJ will overcome,
Pray for a brother of faith,
Our love will shine like the sun.

I pray that this poem may comfort my friends of faith. Amen

 

<< Home