Friday, December 12, 2008


And the gift in Brad's lap from yesterday was...


We are very excited and wanted to share that "I Would Die for You, One Students Story of Passion Service and Faith," has been nominated for the honor of top "Evangelism" book of the year, by Outreach Magazine!

It is one of 10 books that are being considered. It is a significant honor, and completely unexpected. We are enthused for many reasons, but one of them is the fact that there is a category of nominees for "Youth Outreach," and our book appears to have transcended the youth culture alone, into a broader reach. This is an answer to prayer!

We have seen the Lord broaden the impact of BJ's testimony far beyond what we could imagine. It is very humbling, and very exciting! We can clearly see that the Lord is in control and He continues using BJ's life to impact the lives of others!

I received a 5 page paper from a college student overnight, who wrote of the impact BJ had on his own life (through our book). This during finals time! What an amazing blessing and what an amazing God we serve!

I have no idea when the actual awards are decided. It really doesn't matter. To have a book about a life no one has ever heard of to rise through obscurity, is so much the hand of the Lord, that we are hugely excited just to see how our God continues to move and bless.

Praise His Name!!!


brent

8 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one special honor. I gave the book to a client of Ray's yesterday. The wife got very teary when I told them about BJ. They want to have their daughter read it also.
Love the pictures. Keep them coming.
Aunt Maralyn

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise His name indeed!

 
At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BJ's story has touched many...I purchased the book on a whim and ended up buying 4 more, 3 for each of my sons and one for an unsaved friend of mine. My son's have read the book, and it has inspired my oldest son to apply to Awestar and go directly into missions (he was planning on attending Master's Commission, then let the Lord lead him from there). My unsaved friend is so much closer than she was in the past to accepting Christ, and admits that it's her stubborn pride and background that needs wearing down. Amazon.com has reviews on the book, and they are all positive. Truly, you have been an inspiration to many! God bless you for your willingness to share your (and his) story.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Marti Pieper said...

God designed "I Would Die for You" as a great tool for outreach and evangelism primarily because the Gospel was so prominent in BJ's own life. From the beginning of his Christian walk (sharing the Gospel with a neighbor boy; witnessing on the playground and in the classroom) until nearly the end of his brief life among us (leading a friend to Christ via IM; making sure the nurse who admitted him to the hospital knew Jesus), BJ lived what he believed in a way that far too few of us have experienced.

His story had to be told; his message had to be shared. Today, his legacy continues to grow not (as he would have been quick to tell us) because he was so amazing but because he served an amazing God, a God who still reaches out in love to a hopeless, helpless world.

YES, praise His name again and again!

And if you'd like to read more about the Outreach Magazine nominations, check out http://outreachmagazine.com/ory.htm


with tender love
and prayers in pink,

Marti

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you about the Scion...and the nomination. I would ask that you use a bit more discretion in the photos you choose to post:-)

brad

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was recently in need of a new book to read. I came across I Would Die for You and just reading the back gave me shivers. I knew it was something special and that it was the one God wanted me to buy. I began reading it on Thursday and now only have about 30 pages to go, I just couldnt put it down! I constantly got in trouble in school for having it out during class. I began to highlight it, beginning with the very first paragraph of Love is a Verb, and now it seems nearly every page is covered in highlighter. This book has truely touched me in amazing ways as i'm sure it has for many others as well. I feel as though since reading BJ's story that I am a better person. Just as he touched so many lives and brought so many to Christ in life, he continues to do the same in death. Thank you so much BJ and Higgans family! God Bless.

 
At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the nomination! May lives continue to be touched by BJ's testimony.

Love,
Becky

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW ur story has touched me in more ways than 1 i cant thank u enough i even cried and thats not normal 4 me im not a huge crier

 

Post a Comment

<< Home