Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Greetings to all...

Just wanted to give you the daily update on the condition of Brent (BJ). I visited with Brent, Deanna, and Whitney again this morning. They are growing tired, both physically and emotionally. The doctors are still running test on BJ and are slowly eliminating what it is not. At first he was diagnosed with pneumonia. However, that is not all that is going on at this time. He continues to get help breathing with a breathing machine as the doctors finds solutions to what is going on inside his body. The doctors are anticipating a 2-3 week stay as he fully recovers. Logistically this cuts into jobs and schools. BJ, Whitney, and Lauren, were all to start school within the next week. Deanna's school has already started and Brent is trying to wrap up the summer on a very successful summer at Highland Lakes. With all this in mind...here are some ways things you can do for the family as they patiently wait for God's plan to be revealed.

1. Pray for BJ's body to continue to fight the infection within...and that the doctors and nurses will be enlightened as to what is going on so
that they may begin to treat BJ immediately and effectively.
2. Pray that Brent, Deanna, Lauren, and Whitney would find rest in God and find times to get rest for their bodies and minds.
3. Pray for the understanding of bosses, teachers, and professors as the Higgins pause to focus their attention on BJ and his care.
4. Brent and Deanna could use the ministry of presence and would appreciate a visit. However, they only ask that you observe the visiting
hours as posted by the hospital...we have asked NSM students to wait until BJ can have guests to visit. Visitors are not allowed in his
room and are even limited to the family waiting room that is adjacent to the elevators on the second floor.

Thank you all for your prayers and the ministry that we share together. May God be glorified in all that is said and done as we ministry to our brothers and sisters. Have a great day with Jesus!

Serving the King,
Tony Manning
Northside Student Ministry

3 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

praying for everything

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pray for BJ, I was out surfing on the net looking for the lastest info on school prayer. Ok this post wasn't exactly what I was looking for but it got my attention and interest , now I see why I found your page when I was looking for school prayer anyway I'm glad I stopped by you have a great blog. Thanks for the read ...catch you later!

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pray for BJ, I was out surfing on the net looking for the lastest info on prayer for life. Ok this post wasn't exactly what I was looking for but it got my attention and interest , now I see why I found your page when I was looking for prayer for life anyway I'm glad I stopped by you have a great blog. Thanks for the read ...catch you later!

 

<< Home