Friday, March 16, 2007

The team is gathering this morning. Flights are converging, vans are being fueled, and gear is being stowed. Soon we will be headed back to Mexico to share Jesus.

When BJ returned from Peru the last time, he seemed to know that I would be going to Mexico. He shared it with his teammates. He seemed to know that Lauren would be serving in North Africa...with him. He told her that she would, but she just did not know it yet.

I have discovered something in this walk. The closer we are to God, the more we know of His mind. His Holy Spirit shares with us as we are ready to receive. Truths are unlocked all the time if we deny ourselves.

I am not calling BJ a prophet. I am just saying that when our hearts and minds become one with our Lord, some pretty cool stuff happens.

The hearers do not always agree right away, but in time, often come to the same understanding.

I am thankful for my son. I miss him. I miss his closeness with his Savior, and how inspiring that is/was. I am thrilled to see Christ in my daughters. I see Him reflected in their decisions, and their attitudes in serving. I am thankful to be part of a family that loves Jesus. I am thankful to serve beside Deanna, David and Katie, as we lead a team of 29 down to follow the Lord in obedience.

My desire is to draw closer to Him, and to lead this team to do likewise.

God is an amazing God. I am thankful that He cared enough for me to send His Son Jesus, to die for my sin. He has raised up an army, and we are going to serve Him!

Have a blessed 10 days. Thank you Brad in advance!

Thank you Bart and Rusty for making the interview happen!

Please keep this team lifted before the Throne of Grace.

brent


Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Mom, Happy Birthday to you!!! (on Sunday)

1 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anyway to see the "interview" or to see one of your witness'?
God Bless,
Greenfield, Indiana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home