Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Have you ever reached the point where you look around you and just want to pitch it all? You look over the things accumulated around you, and the dust that has accumulated on the things - and the cob webs that have accumulated over the dust - and feel like you can never get rid of it all in an organized, timely, fashion so the easist thing to do is just start tossing it into a dumpster or bagging it and taking it to Goodwill, or maybe the dump?

How can I have the chance to live my life with a sense of peace and purpose if I can't be rid of all of the dirt, dust and clutter that surrounds me, and that doesn't include all of the work that needs to be done on the house - scraping and painting, tearing out a moldy wall or two and redoing the bathroom, replace cracked glass from the old windows? Then there are the accumulated tumbleweeds of dog hair that form a fuzzy border around the walls within 5 minutes of the last vacuum run (and makes the vacuum smell like old garbage when it is running).

And I don't have kids -- how do you all do it?

This would be a good time for Jesus to knock on my front door and ask me to abandon everything and come with Him, then I would have a good excuse and a great escape plan.

Maybe it isn't your physical world that you are ready to dump and walk away from. Maybe it is the emotional or spiritual part of you...the dirt, dust and excess stuff has accumulated inside and with each layer you find yourself further insulated from the love of the Father. We live in a fallen world with its incredibly sticky dirt, the kind that accumulates inside as well as outside.

The amazing thing is that we can go (back) to our Savior and ask him to take all of that sticky dirt from us, to wash us in the sparkling waters of his blood and rinse it all away (again), and He will. He can take the worst mildew and rot, scrape it away and restore the structure to what it once was, or what it was meant to be, so that you may function the way He designed you to.

"He's going to clean house - make a clean sweep of your lives. He'll place everything true in its proper place before God, everything false he'll put out with the trash to be burned."
- Matthew 3:12 (The Message)

Jesus has asked us to abandon ourselves and follow him, though I realize we must still live in this world and take care of what he has given us. It is up to us to keep our homes clean and in good repair, but He is great at remodelling lives.

Have a great day,

Brad

6 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your words of encouragement...

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Brad

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Brad! You must have known I was remodeling my bathroom and had lots of dirt sticking on me and spewing from my lips as I bang my fingers, mis-measure and cut trim, and somehow losing electricity to half the upstairs while trying to install a bath-fan. (The electrician is coming to bale me out tomorrow morning at 7 am before the attic becomes unbearably hot.) My wife was pretty good at heaping the guilt on my shoulders last nite for my admitedly inappropriate language. As I wondered how the frustration and aggravation over some simple (for most men) activities which have run amuck have seemingly 'ruined' my faith in the Lord, I appreciate your pointing out the 'mess' I'm in because of my absence from 'home'. And my constant need of washing by Jesus. Cause the truth is, I can control my tongue in other less stressful situations but my mind is speaking what my mouth won't utter. Perhaps others are more 'sanctified' that I am, I don't know. I just know I am guilty, I'm filled with sin, I deserve nothing but death, yet my Savior loves me, comforts me, he picks me up, washes me clean, and encourages me to keep working thru life with Him in control. Thanks for the uplifting words today.
Mark \o/

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Marti Pieper said...

Brad (and Mark), I can identify. We are in the midst of packing and cleaning and cleaning and packing and preparing to move. Our house does not go on the market until Saturday, but we had someone look at it Sunday and again today. . . I was thinking just like Brad--how much "stuff" manages to accumulate in our lives without our even noticing its presence. We need to allow God's Spirit to do that day-by-day, moment-by-moment cleansing so that, when He taps us on the shoulder, we're ready to GO!

Thanks, Brad and Whitney, for filling the gaps while Brent and Deanna are in Peru. Your posts have blessed me!

with tender love
and prayers in pink,

Marti

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger xumeiqing said...

151217meiqing
fake oakleys
coach outlet
abercrombie
coach outlet store online
north face jackets
cheap jordans
oakley sunglasses wholesale
christian louboutin
instyler curling iron
ugg slippers
nike free run
louis vuitton outlet
cheap oakleys
ugg outlet
air max 90
michael kors outlet clearance
gucci handbags
uggs for women
louis vuitton outlet stores
pandora jewelry
nike trainers
abercrombie
concords 11
ugg boots
oakley sunglasses wholesale
louis vuitton
mulberry handbags
swarovski jewelry
celine
michael kors outlet

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

louboutin shoes, nike roshe run, louis vuitton outlet, nike outlet, longchamp pas cher, oakley sunglasses, ralph lauren pas cher, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, nike free, prada outlet, christian louboutin outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp, longchamp outlet, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton, kate spade outlet, louboutin, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, gucci outlet, burberry, louboutin outlet, replica watches, louis vuitton, louboutin pas cher, air max, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, nike air max, polo ralph lauren outlet, uggs on sale, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, ugg boots, michael kors, replica watches, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, sac longchamp, nike free, jordan shoes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home