Tuesday, April 08, 2008


Walker, Brad and me...


Last night was amazing! Deanna shared before a packed out audience in Newkirk, Oklahoma. She spoke to a women's group. The group is comprised of women from the many different denominations in the surrounding area. These women get togehter monthly to fellowship, share a meal, worship, pray and hear teaching.

What an incredible blessing to see the body of Christ come together, rotating from church to church, month by month, to further the kingdom. In Acts 2, this is what occurred, that elicited growth in terms of souls that came to Christ. These women, have a clear vision of what the body looks like.

They have transcended their church background, stepped out of their comfort zones, and embraced each other, for the sake of their Lord.

I am so proud of Deanna, and how she availed herself to be used by the Lord!

I was not present at the service, but came at the end to pick her up. They ran late, and so I heard from many of the women. Some still wiping their eyes, at how the Lord had stirred their hearts. They were blessed by Deanna's transparency and her strength (which is in the Lord)!

While she was speaking to a full house, I was privileged to spend that same time with a handful of men...spouses of some of the women. I received such a blessing from them. They invited me in, knowing we were coming from a couple of hours away to spend time. We ate, we laughed, and we fellowshipped.

Deanna spoke in Newkirk, while I was a few miles away in the little country settlement of Peckam.

These were 'good ole boys,' who love Jesus. There is something very calming about being with a group of people you don't know, who have a common bond in the Lord. There is no pretense, just fellowship.

Most of these men were my senior, and the way they related to one another was wonderful. The fact that they included me, was a blessing.

I thank the Lord that He provides small windows of anointed moments in our busy lives.

Thank you for lifting Deanna up. The Lord responded, generously!

brent

3 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog today! Inspiring!! To God be the GLORY!

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brent and Deanna I just purchased and read"I Would Die For You"in one day's time.I also had a chance to listen to Mercy Me's song by that name in BJ's memory.Both were a real blessing,the chello solo at the end was such a finale and so beautiful.I've passed the book on to a young man in our church who has a call to the ministry.God BlessYou!

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brent, I know what you mean about the fellowship with fellow believers like this...it is what I experienced in Maine a few years ago and something that is missing in our lives too much of the time.

We need to count these opportunities as the blessings that they are and seek to be this type of blessing to those around us...which i'm too often too busy being busy to do.

brad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home