Friday, May 23, 2008


Deanna in the Smokies


This weekend we begin a trip to the midwest. We are greatly looking forward to the opportunities the Lord has opened up before us. Here is a glimpse of our speaking schedule.

May 28th Tuscola Christian Church, 6pm, Tuscola, Illinois
May 30th Fox 59 Television Interview 8:12am, Indpls., In
May 30th Monrovia HS graduation 7pm (not speaking) Monrovia, In (BJ's graduating class ceremony...he had been number one in his class)
May 31st Barnes and Noble at Clearwater Crossing book signing 2pm, Indpls.
June 1st Northside Baptist Church 11am, Indpls.
June 2nd Calvary Baptist Church at 7pm, Wilmington, Oh

We are anticipating renewing connections with many family and friends over these days. We also look forward to meeting new friends at the book signing, and whenever else the opportunity presents itself. If you are able, please come and visit us at Barnes and Noble. We're kind of afraid no one will come.

Many of BJ's friends (and ours) are graduating over the time we are in town. We would very much like to attend the graduation parties for each of you, but we know we will not likely be able to. Please forgive us for this.

Please pray for Whitney and her car in Dallas. It has left her stranded three times in the last week with different issues each time. God has provided in every circumstance.

God bless, and we hope to see many of you soon.

brent

2 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger JessieH_09 said...

Higgins Family,

This is the first time that I have commented your blog. I am very honored to be posting.

I heard about your story through reading your book about your son. I have never been so moved in my entire life. I only wish that I had known your son.

Reading that book, felt like the first step for me to get to know Jesus better.

I never knew the depths of what our Lord can do for us until I read this about your son...I guess I just have never really "got it" like BJ did.

If there is any advice that you could possibly give me, or if you could just pray for me, and my walk for Jesus...that would be awesome.

With lots of love and sympathy,

Jessica, 17
Virginia

If you have time, you can email me at Jessie09babe@hotmail.com

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am always excited to hear how God has opened a door of opportunity. This trip is very cool. I think I understand when you say you are afraid no one will come. The truth is, no one knew how many lives BJ would touch. No one knew how many books would be sold and shared around the world concerning his story. No one knew you would be given countless opportunities to share through radio, email, and Awestar of His mighty works - no one except God.
If five people come or fifty, your call is to be faithful with the next step. He is responsible for the results. I believe God will give you times on this trip to impact at least one life. But even if He doesn't, enjoy the blessing of walking through doors that no one can shut.
One day you will hear, "Well done my good and FAITHFUL servant ..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home