Wednesday, September 14, 2005

As we await the 3pm hour, and as BJ's numbers continue to be stable, I thought I'd share from his journal. This time from the "How God worked in my life today" section.

While in Peru, BJ portrayed Satan in the drama they did. The drama is called Freedom. It is a story portraying the gospel, without using names like God, Jesus, and Satan. In it, are good knights and evil knights, and even a dragon (of which BJ was the head) There are also POL's or People of the Land...which is what you and I are. They either accept or reject the Good Prince in the drama. On this day, BJ was not playing his normal role, as you will see in his writings:

"After we went to church with Tito, we went and did a drama in the street, and I was a POL(accepted) and had a blast, and really worshipped. We then went and talked to 2 girls who then accepted Christ.

The 2nd drama was again in the Plaza de Armas, and I (and the team) was equally as focused, but through worship and fellowship, instead. We went up to 2 different groups of ladies...both walked away, then we went to a large group of ladies, who while we were witnessing, understood so much we thought they might be saved already, but they were just seeking God that much! We prayed with them, then more and more people kept coming up and praying [to receive Jesus]. Meanwhile, I got to witness to and pray with our doorman.

Afterwards, since I couldn't find a hard case for our guitar to take back to the states [the team bought in Peru], I offered it to David [from Peru]. Turns out, it has been a lifetime dream of his to have his own instrument, because he loves music, and plays guitar, piano, and percussion.

Daniel...Tito's son, gave me a goodbye hug twice at the bus station."


There are many poignant and moving stories in his journal of being used of the Lord to lead people to Jesus...from policemen to gang members, to the headmaster of a school. BJ loves Jesus with all his heart, his soul, his mind, and his strength, and he has learned to love others as himself. Thank you Father for letting me raise a son who is more Yours than mine! I Praise You, and just love You so much! Please allow him to serve you again, I implore you!

BJ's dad

14 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! BJ shows amazing insight for a 15 year old. Ya'll must be so proud.

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BJ never ceases to amaze me, and here I am 48 years old and being moved and inspired by a soon to be 16 year old. What a blessing he is, and how proud you must be of your son. Thank you so much for sharing his journal with us all. It serves as a reminder to us all where our priorities need to be, and they should not be of the things of earth, but the things of heaven where moth and rust cannot destroy them.
Our chruch prayer group and worship team prayed for BJ and you, his family last night, and I know that friends and family in Australia are on their knees on your behalf.
Continuing to lift you up to our wonderful Father.

In His Love
Linda Ronne

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think a love for the lost is learned/acquired by some and inborn in others. BJ certainly fits the "inborn" category, no doubt because of what he has seen and heard in the home. I know you, as his parents are not looking for praise, but I know it gives you joy to see you son following in the footsteps of our Lord. Thanks again for sharing BJ's thoughts with us. I continue to pray as the 3:00 hour slowly approaches. I also appreciate knowing the names of those who are ministering to you in both a professional and spiritual manner at the hospital. I will pray for them also.
Susie
Evansville, IN

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger natenamy said...

You really do have a special son! Nate and I have seen HIM in BJ since we first met your family... actually, we have seen HIM in all of you!

We'll continue to pray throughout the day that Beej's numbers remain stable, and that the doctors are able to sucessfully remove the canulas.

We love you all LOADS!

Nate and Amy
You know where! :D

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PRAYING AND FASTING FOR BJ IN MOORESVILLE. LOVE YOU GUYS!

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Christina said...

Thank you for sharing BJ's words with us. I am getting to know him better and better. I and my family continue to pray for BJ and you all. We rejoice with you as his numbers remain stable and pray that they will continue to increase. We too will pray that the operation will go well.

In His love,

Christina

 
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you God for giving us BJ. He has touched so many of your children. If it is your will, please allow him to be healed and continue his earthly mission.

Thank you for the Saint Vincent staff who continue to meet BJ's physical needs with love and compassion that can only come from you. I pray during surgery you guide their hands and minds to make this surgery a success.

Dear Higgins Family,
May God continue to provide you with strength and courage.

Love,
Kathy (Jonathan's Mom)

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying for you Beej! I miss Peru!

Heath

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger . said...

I haven't been around the computer this morning, but BJ has still been in my thoughts and prayers.

I really enjoy reading his journal entries. He helps to prove that teens are not "the church of tomorrow"...they are the church TODAY!

I will be countinuing to pray for BJ, for you his family (and extended family), and for the medical staff caring for him (and for you).

May the Presence of God be especially evident in BJ's room this afternoon, as He guides the surgeons' hands.

Love and prayers,

Marcia, Marion, IN

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have not had time to catch up on all of BJ's situation, but after hearing about him from a friend and reading just a few of your entries, I can see that he is a true Soldier for Christ and a blessing to all who come in contact with him (whether in person or through reading his journal entries you have posted). The time of his surgery is fast approaching, so my Husband and I are praying "together" for him over IM at our seperate workplaces ("when two are joined togther in prayer...") and will continue to pray throughout the day. May God bless and comfort you and your family, rest His Almighty Hand upon the hospital staff, and hold his child BJ tightly in His arms.

Praying fom Los Angeles,
Kyle and Shannon

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your son is simply amazing..
Father thank you for this child who has learned to love and serve you with all his heart, soul, mind and strength.. we are so greatful to have teenagers that love you like this..
amen
Praying thru out the day
Tracy Leaf in KC

 
At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BJ's witness & testimony are being used in ways you will never know!
What wisdom & insight for a man of his age! You've done a great job as parents!
As I was praying for BJ today, a song came on the radio, & I believe it speaks of BJ & what his life represents.

"In Christ alone, I place my trust, And find my glory in the power of the Cross. In every victory, let it be said of me...My source of strength, my source of hope, is Christ alone."

Praise God for the amazing things He is doing through BJ's struggling journey. Christ is receiving victory daily because BJ is touching lives all over!

I continue to pray for you & BJ. God is ALWAYS in control.

Indianapolis, IN

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We continue to check on BJ's progress, and be amazed by yours (and his) faith in such a desparate situation. as the hour for his surgery approaches, just know that we will be praying constantly for his full recovery. we are also praying for continued strength for you, his family, and for guidance for all the doctor's and staff as they treat BJ.

We will also be in prayer for little Jaden and his family--

The Romingers -French Lick, IN

 

Post a Comment

<< Home