Saturday, November 19, 2005

We have been given many books to read which we appreciate very much. I've looked over most of them but one stands out that opened my eyes up to the possibilities of heaven. Simply titled "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn. Actually, a Zionsville parent gave me a booklet on the subject and I enjoyed it so much I went out and got the hard back, a 500 page book. Thank you Brad. I have been in church and in Bible studies practically all my life and I don't believe I've ever studied scriptures concerning heaven. So many put off thoughts of heaven because it's beyond our imagination, which is true (thank goodness), but I'm relishing the scriptures that give us glimpses into heaven. We can know something of what heaven might be like.

Revelation 22 "Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve Him."

One of Dr. Alcorn's chapters is entitled "Is Heaven our Default Destination... or is Hell?" So many Americans think they're going to heaven which is NOT what Christ says: Matthew 7:13-14 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter throught it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

"You will seek Me and find me when you search for me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13. "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (Jesus' speaking) "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12.

In short, Jesus is the answer to all of life's questions. If you don't believe it, Hell is a brutal alternative for that most important decision you'll make here and now... and not making a decision is your rejection of Christ.

The story of the rich man and the beggar named Lazarus in Luke 16:19-31 gives us a glimpse into Hell - a place of torment and agony, utter misery with no hope of relief.

I pray today that we will open our eyes to the truth of the scripture and feel an urgency to "get the Word out." People are dying in need of the Savior. I pray personally for more boldness in bringing the things of God up in conversations. I want to echo my son's prayer yet I know I am not as bold as he.

Mom

17 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom--
Ever since we've had that late night conversation at the Reunion.. heaven has been on my heart! i'm so excited.. so homesick to go and spend eternity with My Jesus. Thanks for this amazing post.. just reminding me of that day, when He'll come and rescue me and take me away to my home in the sky!

love you..
~kristin

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Deanna! What a privilege to "get a glimpse!"
Sydney

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Family
Have a blessed weekend and trip down south. Our prayers are with you.
Lisa
Inpls., IN

 
At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deanna,

That is a beautiful description of heaven. There are so many that do think they will get into heaven by good deeds or being a good person.
I used to be one of them. I keep trying to focus on Jesus and know that it is only through Him and by His grace that we are saved. I think my girls get it better than I do! They have a very simple faith, that is not cluttered with a bunch of adult baggage. If we could all have the faith of a child. Thanks for keeping up this blog, you and Brent are such special people to keep sharing as you do. Hope to see you tomorrow at church, take care.

Love, Nancy

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

..and your posts are still rejuvenating me. I love hearing the things you have to say and I am with you totally on the urgency that we need to embrace and the lack of boldness so many Christians have.. We can just get really lazy, unfortunately. Beej wasn't lazy, you aren't lazy and few others aren't lazy.. and we're witnessing the effects of that every day! It's truly amazing what God does when we become fully available to Him. Speaking of available, thank you SO MUCH for consistently posting every day. I look forward to it more than a lot of things.. keep it up. :) I love you guys, so very much, and I'm praying for you!

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww! hey deanna! guess what! you convinced me to go out and get that book! i really want to find it...it sounds good. sounds like a good gift idea too!

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deanna,
So many of us in this day and age believe, yet are "POSER" christians. We pose by going to church, by going to bible study, by doing "things" that we believe are good and holy -- but lack the Lord in our blindness to the Truth! The Word of our Lord has the key to unlock eternity in heaven. And it is simple -- it is written for us to follow -- it is preached on Sunday and Wednesdays. TAKE HOLD! As you state in your blog today -- the road to heaven is narrow -- Just follow Him - run to the Cross everyday - be filled with His Spirit and spread His Word!! Live as Christ himself would live.
As for me -- I will give it a very concious and concerted effort in my everyday life --

If BJ at his age was able to reach the thousands, if not millions, then why can't we??? Let the REVOLUTION continue....

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haliluja and
AMEN!!!

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow is all I can say to this blog. It's so amazing how much more there is to life that we can't see. This blog really opened my eyes to that and to how much we have to spread the word of God. You're in my prayers.
Love,
Lauren

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you Deanna for your words today, you and Brent continue to be such an awesome blessing to so many of us who are doing our best to walk with the Lord, and so many who come to this site to get a glimpse of Jesus.

I'm certain that anyone who comes, sits and reads and listens, would not leave the same as when they came. I'm also certain that they/we get more than just a glimpse.

God bless you both for your faithfulness and willingness to share so openly with all who come. Thank you for your obededience to the Lord and the call He has on your lives.
I pray that your time away will be refreshing and not draining. That the Lord will minister to you all as you minister to others. May all who come, have open hearts and ears, may the words you speak pierce their hearts with the truth and love of our precious Savior, Jesus Christ.....

Cousin Beth, wow, how awesome that this drama is based on BJ's life, we will certainly keep all of you in our prayers for good health and that the Lord would use your drama to draw many to Him. God bless you all for your obvious love and passion for Jesus and your family.

In His Love
Linda
OK

 
At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THank you Deanna for sharing today!

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN

 
At 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Deanna, mom, that encourages me
-Brittany Allen

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are missing you BJ
Love to you and our Lord in Heaven.
Amen
Your Family in Christ
here in Indianapolis, IN
lg

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We never reaalize how blessed we are that we have hope and a promise to see all of our loved ones that have faithfully serve the Lord with us after our time here on earth is done. My daughter knew BJ from school and she would talk about his passion for Christ and how it seemed she found someone else that truly loved God and was not afraid to share His gospel. After BJ left us here back on earth, it increased my daughter's desire to do more for Christ. BJ not only touched my daughter,but my young sons as well. My youngest son(8yrs. old) preached his first sermon about two weeks ago. He felt that what God wanted him to do that night. Grant it that he could not say all the words in the Bible ,so he called upon others to read and he would talk.His lesson was on Samuel and when God first talked to him. It was not long sermon, but he gave to God what he had and it reminded me that what God called for all of us to do. All we have for him we fully give, not asking what we can receive from Him, because He gave the best for us. Others are picking up their swords to fight satan and win the battle for God. I'm saddened that BJ is not here, but our time on earth is so short compared to our time in heaven. BJ is just one more reason I strive to get to go to heaven to finally meet this amazing young man. Our family continues to hold all of you in prayer. This website is still a witness tool for Christ. We have told many teens to look up this website and it has encouraged many that you will probably never meet on earth, but what a time in heaven you'll have meeting all these teens.God bless you and know that you are loved and appreciated for sharing all that you have.

 
At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So thankful for all the wonderful people that continue to come to this site and offer encouragement!! Keep praying in pink!!

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God's love is unstoppable, unchangeable, it is so awesome! We are all praying for each of you as you travel this week and serve. Many, many people are headed south to serve this week. (I know of at least 300) We pray for safety for you and for opportunities to witness over and over again!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home