Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Higgins family is officially homeless. Seeing the moving truck drive away was incredibly difficult. Brad took our picture by the BJ tree. We walked through the house and his room for the last time. Our emotions spilled out once again. We clung to each other. The reality of BJ's being gone struck deep once again.

Generous friends are allowing me to set up temporarily in their homes. In Zionsville during the week (Praise God - relieved of the hour drive) and back home to Mooresville on the weekend. God's grace is unfolding before my eyes.

I got the opportunity to talk with one of BJ's surgeon's nurses, who is also a parent of several of my students and former students the other day. Her family was praying for us before she realized she knew me. She was sharing the impact that BJ's testimony has had and continues to have on people around her. She encouraged me so very much. Thank you Donna for stopping me at a time when I actually had time to talk with you in the hallway. There is really only one spot in my schedule where I have extra time in between classes and, you guessed it, this was the day. Instead of a 5 minute break or no break in between classes (per normal), I had 20 minutes this day. Further evidence that God works in the details!

Thank you to my friend Lori, wow, you have been so diligent in praying and keeping up with us. I am constantly amazed at the dedication of God's people. The picture is a perfect reflection of God's light shining down on the storm - I love it! Thank you for your thoughtful words. I could write to many friends who have cared for us in such a way. God has overwhelmed us with the love of others during this time. It has been so incredible, so indescribable, so humbling. I am learning just how important relationships are. My prayer is that more of our friends and acquaintances become our forever friends in Jesus' name.

Jesus had nowhere to lay his head. He was homeless as well. His humble means allows us to think Him approachable. An ordinary guy. Completely human, yet completely God. A miracle we may never understand. God's ways are certainly not our ways and I praise Him for that!

Mom

11 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs. Higgins,
I understand that feeling of being homeless as we were missionaries once leaving everything behind. We had given our home, car, etc away and left. It was that "in between" feeling where I became a little apprehensive thinking, "What have we done?" However, it was only a fleeting moment and God came instantly and relieved those fears.

Please know that we are continuing to keep you and your family in our prayers. It is an exciting "adventure" that you all are about to undertake. God knows...

God bless you.

Leah Pinnick

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless you, today, Deanna. Thank you for sharing.

Tina

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I daily pray for your family. You are all a blessing to me.
Brenda

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you family. I love you and miss you!

Mach

 
At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you guys. prayin too...can't wait to see ya this summer.
Brittany

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deanna,
Thank you for your kind words. You are and always will be loved by so many! May your weekend be blessed!

Love,
Lori Burkert

 
At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Higgins family and all believers,

I have an urgent prayer request. Many of you may have heard about a plane crash that happened just outside of Bloomington last night. On the small Cessna plane were 5 grad students in the IU School of Music, all of whom were incredibly talented and sought out as soloists, and more importantly, as people. All five died. It has been a very difficult day for many of us here -- I knew them all. The world has lost such valuable people today, and music has lost a great deal, too. Could you all please pray for my dear family at this music school and for the families of the victims. They were incredible people.

Thank you so much. Love always,
Kateri

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey mom!

I'm praying for you as you're "home alone". i hope that this transition period proves to not be too stressful for you!

love and miss you

~kristin

PS--lattany..we're praying. keep us posted.

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lattany,
i have followed your little corbin through carepages since he was born. i used to volunteer at mott when i was in college at michigan and had the pleasure of meeting little corbin during his long hospital stay in 2004-05. what a little fighter. please know that so many of us are praying without ceasing for corbin. i am constantly lifting praises and prayer to the ultimate healer on behalf of corbin and your family. god bless.
ashley

 
At 1:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus was homeless.

 
At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for everyone today! Our hearts are saddened, but so thankful that we know the Prince of Peace!!
Mom, thanks for posting! You are the greatest post-er!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home