Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Ana and Andrea, neighbors and obvious close friends. One had two young boys, actively running around, playing like young boys should, the other looked like she could be the boys’ grandma. After the drama on the dirt road in their neighborhood, no one was talking with them as they hung around. Sam accompanied me and translated for me after my lame attempt at a Spanish greeting as we walked over to them. They seemed to understand the drama, they knew who Jesus was, but there was something missing. They graciously filled out the information cards for us and walked away.

Since that uneventful conversation, I’ve prayed for them many times. Thankful that Pastor Sergio has their information and I was able to tell him about them, I’m prayerful that the church will be able to reach them with more news of Jesus, that they may fully understand and come to know Him in a personal way. I ask you to join me in praying for them that they won’t forget the drama, the team from the United States and most importantly the message of the second story that you “see with your heart.”

My prayers since our Nuevo Laredo trip has been filled with admonitions for the many dedicated believers who will be following up, discipling and encouraging the new commitments that were made when we were there. I pray their sincerity remains steadfast and propels them to a deeper understanding of the life God has for them. I pray against distractions and circumstances to get in the way of further ministry on their behalf. I pray their enthusiasm for giving their heart to Jesus spills over to the believers who are downcast and wearied by the worries of life. See, life in Jesus is a win/ win situation! We encourage each other and in the process get encouraged ourselves.

May it be so for you today.

Mom

2 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your message has encouraged me today. God Bless

 
At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you used the word "lame" in your post. That is amazing! Praying for you tomorrow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home