Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Growing pains hurt.

Faith stretched brings the aching of bones, even nausea.

Seeking God for answers sometimes brings about unexpected responses that require more of you than was ever anticipated.

It's crucial for me in these times to remember that I have nothing to offer, but surrender. When I try to offer what I think I have, it amounts to little. When God calls me to His obedience, He equips me for the journey.

He has been growing me for ultimate eternity with Him, but that is not just an end game. The journey and my obedience are what He desires I invest in, rather than my thoughts of future days when I can rest in His resplendence.

The lives He impacts through the obedience of His children often go unnoticed to the faithful. Not because they are blind, but because He often shields us from the work He is doing lest we claim credit, or puff up with pride from tangible results. This is not always the case, but happens more frequently than we know.

I asked Him for opportunities. When opportunities then began to present themselves, I find myself struggling to believe they are His answers. Why? Because they are much greater than I asked for, and require more of me than I feel prepared to give.

Surrender is not a measure of what I can do, or what I am expecting at the moment I seek God. It is a faith cliff and I am a base jumper who must trust a Holy God to prepare me for what He is leading me into. He has given me the equipment, and He is able to bring about His intended results.

Do I have enough faith? Will I be obedient? Will my focus be substantial enough to remain in Him as He prepares me for new views of His work?

I will let you know.

Free falling for His glory is a pretty safe place to be...but it doesn't slow the ground from rapidly racing towards me and taking my very breath away.

dad


Max, we are definitely praying!!!

5 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been quiet...still faithfully praying!

YES!! Free falling for HIS GLORY! Oh, I love that!

We love you all,
Tammy

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy!
Base jumping is a good analogy cause it seems sometimes one must climb some steep and foreboding cliffs in order to jump off the top! While the going is grindly difficult and exhausting, the rush when you let go is exhilerating and life giving!! Then you start up another cliff. Praying for you and the family, dad.
Max, praying for your friends and Lydia.
Mark, OH \o/

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brent, this post is packed full of gems of wisdom--many concepts mentioned today could be an entire sermon or lesson on their own.

Yes, faith and trust and asking and receiving are all so much easier said than done, and we're praying that God will make absolutely obvious what He desires for you and asks of you! (Of course, obedience is still oftentimes NOT easy....)

Love from Texas, Jolene

P.S. Are Derek and Audrey behaving????

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Marti Pieper said...

What God's been teaching you is also what He's been teaching me.

What are the odds?
You know the answer!

Still praying in pink
with tender love
(Max, praying too. . .)

Marti

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello to you too, Mark! Hope you are doing well!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home