Tuesday, September 11, 2007


Perhaps some remember the story of planting the tree which would commemorate BJ and his birthday, on October 1, 2005. As we circled up to pray, the presence of God uniquely joined in with us.
Yesterday, we received a catalogue in the mail. The catalogue contained each of the books coming out around the same time ours does (January) from our publisher.
It is very exciting to see a full page add of our work. A search yesterday on the internet revealed that christianbooks.com has now added the book to it's page. It can be pre-ordered there for $7.99. It is also available at present, from revellbooks.com, walmart.com and amazon.com. I know others have pre-ordered it from Barnes and Noble while in the store; however it is not on their web site. The catalogue I referred to will be distributed shortly, so hopefully it will show up on more Christian web sites, soon.
This past Sunday, we shared our journey at a church here in the Tulsa area. They were a precious congregation, and were so friendly and receptive. The Lord moved among us during our time there, and we continue to be in awe of Him.
I spoke with a pastor from Michigan recently, who called our offices to order the dvd of BJ's Memorial Service. He had recently become aware of it through one of his church members who showed him the cd jacket from MercyMe. He listened to the song, and was moved.
He preaches his last message on Sunday (as a pastor) as he and his wife are moving into missions. It was so refreshing to hear his heart. They are going to work with a large Muslim population. How inspiring it is to see the obedience of others.
Today commemorates the 6th year anniversary of the tragedy of terrorism which hit our country hard. On a day such as this, let us be mindful of the need to continue to share Christ with those we come in contact with. We never know how long we have, and we certainly want others to be ready when their time comes. We may be their only opportunity to hear the gospel.
It is a good time to pause and ask the question, what are you willing to die for?
Six months to the day after 9/11, I stood at a window, high in a building I was not supposed to be in and looked into the depths of the earth as workers continued recovering body parts at ground zero. They took such care with each find. I was moved in a way that is hard to describe at how the men who were on a recovery mission, were so very careful.
Though it was not possible to identify remains at that point, had it been a family member of mine, my appreciation level for the reverence they demonstrated could not have been higher.
In many respects, they were emulating Christ and the way He treated people everyday. It should compel us to treat one another similarly. Unfortunately, it is far easier to react from the flesh, and lash out or talk behind another's back. We can each do more to be an encouragement to others while they are with us. Attempts at doing this rather than waiting to treat them with respect after they pass, will enrich their lives and ours. It is a small thing, but it would have a significant impact.
Encouragement is needed by each one of us. Respect is as well. What do we gain by depriving one another of such things? Nothing. Today, lets give it.
brent

4 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, I needed that reminder today. May I not forget that my words and actions to others, good or bad, are not forgotten.

(am looking forward to your book)

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Marti Pieper said...

What I seem to struggle with is giving respect even when it is not given to me. I find myself in that situation a lot--no doubt because the Lord knows I need to put my sinful self to death again and again and again.

When reviled, He did not revile in return. His love covered a multitude of sins. So should mine--in His power, and only by His grace.

I'm hurting with you tonight as well as alongside you. But I'm still

praying in pink
with tender love,

Marti

 
At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brent,
I love you dad, and this is a lesson that I need so often, it is so hard to respect those who we consider "less" than ourselves, when God sees them as His favorite child, and we need to see them as that as well. I am praying for you through this time of remembrance. I love you dad!
Mateo

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Renee said...

Hi Brent & Deanna
My name is Renee from Junction City, Kentucky.I work with McDowell Home-Health and I bathe your Dad and recently Deanna I made a copy of BJ"s book cover for Lou. It is so attractive! We are anxious for it to come out.
I love your Mom's home made bread and blueberry yum yum!
Bless you
Renee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home