Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Last evening, Deanna and I had the privilege of being interviewed by a radio station in Seattle, Washington. The station was KGMI, and the interviewer was Debbie Chavez. She is a believer who has an afternoon (on the west coast) radio program on a secular station, with as we understand it, a largely unbelieving audience. How incredible to be able to speak about our Savior in such a venue!
As I checked their website a couple of hours before our interview, I was a bit overwhelmed at some of the other authors she has recently interviewed. We really needed the Lord to calm our nerves!
We spent around 45 minutes on the line with her (of which nearly half was on hold for commercials). She was so genuine, and put us at ease very quickly.
Deanna and I were tremendously blessed by her comprehension of our journey. She read our book, (yes, it is her job to do so) and she was clearly moved at the depth of the many passages of BJ's writings. She had her favorites and she openly shared them.

It was a cool experience for us as we got to hear what parts of the book most impacted her. Being so close to this project, I can say I have a pretty narrow view of what my perception of the "power passages" are. Hers was different, and I really like that.

I like the fact that the Lord takes a journey and allows His own to relate to parts of it in ways we cannot begin to realize (until it is shared with us). It is His impact that we want to come from this whole experience. This is about His glory and making Him known.
I have no idea when or if they will post the interview on-line, but it is possible there will be excerpts. I guess we'll have to wait and see.


A couple of notes: I want to thank those of you who have enrolled on-line on Crossings.com where they are carrying a hardback version of our book. Your purchases have made our book a best-seller on their website...at least for the time being. I know we ordered five, just to get the hard cover version.

Also, I spoke to our publishers yesterday about the problem at amazon.com (with distribution) and they immediately contacted the powers that be. I am told that the issues have been corrected and that shipping should begin shortly.
We still have not seen the book on bookstore shelves, but are being told that in some it has already sold out (they only buy 1 to 3 at a time) or that it will arrive very shortly. At any rate, thank you so much for your support and your patience!
I am kind of embarrassed by this, but those who want an autographed copy of the work can order very soon from the Awe Star offices (800-AWE-STAR). A large supply is to arrive on Friday of this week. It will also be posted on-line at awestar.org...probably in the "awe store."
We want to Praise Jesus for His continued use of this, His story, to further His kingdom! We are in awe of Him!
dad

4 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Marti Pieper said...

If you would like to listen to the Debbie Chavez Interview with Brent and Deanna, you can find it at:

http://www.kgmi.com/news.asp?page=hearitnow

You'll need to click on Segments 1-5 under "Debbie Chavez 1-5, Life of Purpose--Vow Making." (the vow making part is another interview).
You can guess the name of the one with the "life of purpose."

Continuing to rejoice in those wide-open doors and

praying in pink
with tender love,

Marti

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Hopeful Pediatric Oncology Nurse said...

I was kinda mad about the amzon.com thing. My sister was getting me the book for Christmas (I knew it would be after), but then she got the email. But I will wait patiently for the book. When I do get it, it will surely be a blessing!
THank you so much for everything, Brent and Higgins's family. May God be with you and bless you through out this year. Hope it has gone well so far.
And I hope to listen to the interview soon. (Now I can put voice to face!!!!! Yeah!!!! So much better for me to stop wondering.)

Amen, and God bless.
Love, Leslie

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Faye and I are both waiting for our Amazon copies also. We ordered them months ago and I was sad when I got the email saying shipping was delayed. I look forward to reading the inner most thoughts of BJ!

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say its quite amazing how God works. For a while now have I been praying to the Lord for a great change in me and for me to truly die to myself and let him do whatever his will is with me. So here I am, never heard of your family’s story, unfamiliar of the life of this young man. I walked into a Christian book store not even thinking of buying a book and as I was crossing the rows of books, my eyes were captured by a young man smiling on the front of the cover. I was instantly drawn to it and right away knew that I had to read this book. Its been such a blessing to me and has truly made me reflect on my relationship with Jesus. This book has brought me inspiration and has brought me to tears…to read of a young man who was always thirsty and never satisfied where he was spiritually, he always wanted more and that is what its truly about. Truly amazing love and I believe that’s what got me the most. Truly Mature beyond his years. The Lord is definitely continuing to work through your son! I am already sharing this book with my pastor and those in my youth! it’s a true blessing!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home