Wednesday, May 28, 2008


We have greatly enjoyed the past couple of days with family! We even hiked a bit!

It has been good to slow down and just be. Too often our lives get so crazy busy that we don't take time to enjoy each other as we should. These last couple of days have been a blessing to Deanna and me in this way. We are without our girls and that is sad, but we have enjoyed each other and the family we are with!

Today we are heading to Tuscola, Illinois to spend time with Tuscola First Christian Church. We are sharing at their awards ceremony/banquest tonight. Tomorrow we will head to Indy at some point.

We stopped into a bookstore that BJ loved to frequent and could not find our book. The manager told us he could not keep it in the store. However, he said the corporate office will only let them get two at a time. He asked us if we knew where else it could be purchased locally. We told him, but honestly the frustration of not being able to get the books into the stores so that people can get them is frustrating to us.

In spite of this, we know God is using the testimony and we continue to hear from adults and students alike, who inform us of how God has ministered change in their hearts as a result of reading it. For this we truly praise Him, and we know that this whole matter is in His hands. There seems to be little we can do to affect the kind of change we would believe to be necessary. Fortunately, it is not up to us, and our Savior knows how to move in the hearts of people without our help.

We have seen Him do a mighty work and we simply want to be found obedient to where He leads.

God bless you, and we will touch base when we can...from the midwest!

dad

7 Comments:

At 2:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To: the Higgins Family
I was led to purchase "I Would Die For You" several months ago, but just recently sat down to get to know the smiling young man on the cover. Through laughter and tears, I got to know BJ - and began to take a closer look at my own walk with God.
I pray that the Lord grant me the same Spirit that He filled BJ with - his boldness, passion for life, his sold-out-for-Christ mentality, his drive for love and unity throughout the Body of Christ. Such an amazing young man -I wish that I had been blessed to know him.
I thank you all for your selflessness in sharing this incredible young soldier for Christ with the world. He touched so many in his short time here - and he continues to reach the hearts of many. Thank you.
May God bless you all and fill your hearts with His peace.

 
At 2:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Lizzi I'm 18 and I am from New Zealand.

I just finished reading "I would die for you" today and I just wanted to thank you so much for letting me get to know BJ through that book.. It shows his very heart and soul and I feel like I knew him now.

I am about to come over to America in a few days to work at a Christian Camp for the summer as a mission... your book about BJ's life has greatly encouraged me to make this mission for God and not just an overseas experience. Even though I am so scared about travelling to a place I don't know "I would die for you" has helped me greatly in making it for God and living everything for Him.

Your boy is amazing he has continued to touch lives even after he has left the earth! He truly has left a legacy that has changed my life and will change many more.

Thank you so much

God Bless You eternally

Lizzi Trickett
Wellington
New Zealand

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Brent and Deanna,
This is Tammy Bullington (Jayden's grandma)Are you maybe going to be having a book signing in Avon sometime? Is clearwater crossing in Castleton? I would love for you guy's to sign my book. Let me know if you have any other locations you might be at.I need to order another shirt mine is getting worn out. I love you guy's! Please tell the girls hello for me. Love, Tammy

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Got up this morning to watch you on Fox news. It was great to see you. Only wish I could come to the book signing tomorrow and see you in person. Please take care and I hope your trip back to Indiana is a joyful one and a time of remembrance.

 
At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi guys...

miss you all...mom had such a great time with you...wish we could have come!!!

just wanted to let you know that we are giving "i would die for you" to all of our graduates this year...

i am so excited to give them out... we have some amazing teens who are living for Jesus...thanks for giving us a tool to encourage them to continue to live their lives...for the only ONE worth dying for...Jesus!!!

many of the kids who are graduating now...stood with us in prayer during the time after BJ got home from Peru...they were very touched to receive the book.

hugs and love...hope this encourages you...that you are touching kids and ME too...way out here in So Cal!

love to you all...Marla & gang

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom and Dad,
We continually pray for you while you are away! We know your time has been filled with emotion, both happiness and sorrow, but your continuous rejoicing in the Lord is a great strength to not only myself, but others as well. I love you!

 
At 1:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello my brothers and sisters in Christ!

My name is Crystal Hall from Phoenix, Arizona. My husband and I just finished reading "I would die for you" and it really has encouraged us to unsheath our swords daily. I can't even really describe the burning in my heart that I felt while reading BJ's journal entries - he really knew Jesus and like you guys said throughout..he got it. By his words and really the words of God expressed through him, I want to lay down my life for Christ-for His complete will to be done in our lives. Thank you for sharing his love and passion for Jesus with the world. I am going to share this book with my friend who is about to take a group of teens to Mexico for a mission trip, I know it will ignite a passion for Jesus within her and the youth. I want every youth to read this book. We have an 8 month year old son and I pray that by our example in laying down our lives for others and the Lord that he would be like your son, I pray that I would be like your son-who in turn is like Jesus. He reminds me of Phil. 2:5 and Phil 4:9. He had the same mind as Christ; he learned and received from Paul and did the things he did. Thank you again for being so loving and caring to share his life with our family and so many others. Love you all, God bless you! John 4:23-24

 

Post a Comment

<< Home