Monday, October 27, 2008


Wedding Day!!!


The last few days have been amazing! The bachelor and bachelorette gatherings, the costume (for the season) dress rehearsal and dinner, and the wedding were just fantastic! We had such fun, joy, laughter and even a few tears.

Every wedding is unique, regardless of how similar they are. This one was Whit's and it was such an enjoyable occasion. She was absolutely gorgeous, as were Deanna and Lauren. Someone sent me an email telling me how blessed I am to have such beautiful women in my life. I agree!!!

All the preparations had culminated in the gathering assembly of family and friends. The music began with a line out the door to sign the guest book.

The grandmothers were seated, and still the line seemed to grow.

I had a view down the hall to the entry of the sanctuary where I stood guard, perhaps for the last time, of my Whitney Lou. Inside the room she was being assisted by her mother, sister and three bridesmaids.

The signal came and I sent Deanna down. After Deanna, walked our two flower girls and the sword bearer (Joshua carrying BJ's sword and his two sisters, Emily and Ari)Then it was time for the bridesmaids and maid of honor (Lauren).

They each went in turn.

Whitney and I were left alone. Just the two of us in the room down the hall from where I would give her away. How do you turn loose of something so precious? It does not happen easily. It comes only for me with the peace of Christ at the center of their relationship. They truly love the Savior and each other.

I told Whitney, "I want to pray for you."

She quickly responded, "Daddy, you're gonna make me cry!"

I repeated, "I wanna pray for you."

I began, "Father God, Thank you so much"...words leave me, tears race to the surface and I can't talk...Whitney sniffles..."Amen."

I know the Holy Spirit interceded where words and emotion failed. We both wept as we headed for the sanctuary doors.

The doors open and all eyes are on my little Lou. She pushed a joyful smile through the stream of tears and I did likewise. I stared at her as we walked to the front.

She looked so beautiful, I was in awe.

The tears ceased as I waited to answer the question always asked.

His dad began the ceremony, and ultimately asked, "Who gives this woman?"... I awaited the moment of saying those words I wasn't sure I would ever want to say..."Her mother and I!"

They came much more easily than I anticipated!

It was my turn to pray. I took the mic, turned to the audience and asked, "Would you cry with me?"

The wedding was a joyous time and a time of remembrance! Pictures flashed across the screen of Whitney growing up, usually ensconced by two siblings. One was present, one was remembered. Both are proud of her.

I praise the Lord for such a godly man that would love my Lou. It is not easy to give away that which was never really yours. I am so thankful for the love they share, and the life ahead of them.

What an incredible celebration.

The last time all of these people gathered at this location, it was to say goodbye to a warrior. This time, it was to begin two new lives together.

Praise God for His provision!

dad

29 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations & God Bless,
Greenfield, Indiana

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you said will you cry with me.... I cried and cried!. It was so beautiful

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Congratulations to them and God bless them in their new life ahead!

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

discount xanax long does 2mg xanax effects last - xanax and alcohol stroke

 
At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy xanax online xanax withdrawal success stories - xanax medication

 
At 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy zolpidem what does zolpidem pill look like - zolpidem side effects forum

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

alprazolam price much xanax show up drug test - xanax generic identify

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy ativan considered overdose ativan - ativan pediatric dose

 
At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

diazepam cheap 5mg dose of diazepam - diazepam 5mg buy

 
At 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pharmacokinetics of diazepam generic diazepam usa - diazepam 10mg tab mylan

 
At 5:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

generic valium pill identifier valium street names - street price of valium 10mg

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

xanax 0.5mg xanax side effects constipation - employment drug test for xanax

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

order ativan ativan and vicodin - ativan dosage social anxiety

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy diazepam online diazepam online - diazepam for sale no prescription usa

 
At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

xanax no prescription 2mg klonopin compared xanax - what does 1mg xanax feel like

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

order xanax online xanax side effects side effects - xanax withdrawal using klonopin

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

order ativan online ativan no prescription online pharmacy - ativan dosage recreational

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy xanax bars drug interactions biaxin xanax - cost of generic xanax at walmart

 
At 2:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheap generic ativan ativan addiction 1mg - ativan tolerance

 
At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

order alprazolam cheap xanax without rx - xanax generic dosage

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy xanax online no prescription can you buy xanax uk - xanax 1mg a day

 
At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

order soma what is soma medication - buy soma in georgia

 
At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

online soma buy soma magazine - somanabolic muscle maximizer download

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy ambien online ambien side effects percentage - ambien generic quality

 
At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

carisoprodol online soma fm listen online - carisoprodol naproxeno

 
At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy valium online can i buy valium in turkey - 2mg valium anxiety

 
At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

does clomid delay period | buy clomid online - clomid drug, femara vs clomid

 
At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger: Pray for BJ - Post a Comment cheap generic prednisone - cheapest prednisone http://www.ourdailybreadmarket.net/#cheapest-prednisone

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drug Zyban Work sumatriptan online no prescription - imitrex online http://www.brawr.net/ - [url=http://www.brawr.net/]sumatriptan without prescription [/url]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home