Thursday, October 01, 2009


God has graciously seen to it that our book has sold somewhere between 20,000 and 25,000 copies worldwide! We are awed and humbled and tremendously thankful!

Happy Birthday, BJ! You would be 20 today. I know you no longer count such trivial things as you are in the presence of the Almighty, and such selfish observances are completely unnecessary.

We however, do remember. We can see the impact your life, your death, your writing, and your love have had on thousands across the world. We are amazed. We are grateful.
We are blessed to have been your parents!

We miss you today, but not with the kind of longing that would bring you back. Rather with a hope for the future reunion that will take place when you first greet us on the other side.

Truly, that will be a day worth noting. A day of celebration like we cannot fathom here. We praise God that you have had this privilege. It urges us on!

This morning, I will be speaking to a Women's Mission group. Sharing stories from the field and seeing God work in others lives is incredible! That you are a part of this journey is overwhelming and again, humbling.

We miss you. We love you. We are thankful that you lived your life with your Sword Unsheathed! For He did not come to bring peace, but a sword. You wielded yours well. You fought the good fight. You have preceded us to that which we will ultimately kneel beside you in honor of our King.

Laying our own swords down. Laying our own lives down... for our God, for our King, for our Savior!

Glory be to his Name for how He has used you.

We celebrate that today, and give thanks to our merciful, loving God.

He reigns! Glory Hallelujah, He reigns!!!


poppy

5 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are all on my mind today. I will be praying for you as you speak today.
Love you
Aunt Maralyn

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy is His Name! Yahweh Holy is Your Name, Blessing and Honor and Glory and Power to You now and forever.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger evita.esperanza said...

Wow! 20,000 - 25,000 copies worldwide?! that's amazing! I've been reading that book this summer and now the book is being borrowed around by my friends. I'm sure this book will bless more people. God use this book as a vessel to catch more people around.
Evita, Indonesia.

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Cedarburg Tina said...

I think of BJ often when I hear the words "armor" or when confronted with the words from scripture that come to mind when I feel the need to ward off Satan and I hear BJs words that I must put on the full armor of Christ! His amazing grasp of the depth of Christ's love for us and what He wants for our lives continues to just grab hold of me sometimes and I find myself saying, "Lord, give my what BJ had. Help me to live my life the way BJ did...all for You and Your glory." And then opportunities will arise that again point out the need to put on the full armor of God and I thank BJ for placing that on my heart and for God sending frequent reminders that it is what we all must do, every day, sometimes every hour. Thank you for sharing BJ with us, his wonderful words, his amazing love for Christ and his commitment to bring glory to God in all he did and all he said (well, maybe all is a stretch but you get the idea!)

Blessings,
Tina

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This book has changed me so so so much and im determined to be a better christian and live for God alone. Thank you so much again.


love, Derrick G.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home