Thursday, November 17, 2011


They are about to celebrate a year!!!


Thankfulness is an attitude of the heart.

So many things can get in way of our hearts. Desires grow within us for things that are harmless, until we begin to focus on them too much.

I am guilty of this, and find I struggle way more than I would like to admit.

I am very thankful for an unbelievable wife! I have noticed though, that if I draw into my own little world I am very capable of taking her for granted. There can be a stark difference between saying I am thankful, and actually showing it to her.

When things don't go as I'd like, I do not appear very thankful. I like things to go my way. I tend to think I am suffering if they don't.

Silly me.

What is truly important in our lives, is the impact we have through Him, on others.
He is the author of these things, if we allow Him the space and time. First, we release the grip of things or events that we give too much importance.

Deanna came home last night elated. She was not excited about a new outfit, or car, or promotion. She was excited that the Lord had used her surrender.

She was helping with the AWANA program at church, and one of the students she was assisting trusted her enough to begin to ask serious questions about Jesus and how to know Him.

After it was over, Deanna had led this young one into relationship with our Savior!

I am so proud of her for being faithful! I am so thankful for her surrender, to be able to be used by Him!

Children love being loved on by my wife. So do I. I love how she loves on them. I love how she loves on me.

I love how Jesus draws others to Himself through her!

I praise God that she is following His heart!

Oh how she blesses mine with her obedience to His!

Be faithful to Him, and watch Him draw another to Himself through your surrender!

My wife is amazing! She is amazing, because she seeks and follows His heart!

Thank you Jesus!


brent

3 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all so enjoyed our time last year. The wedding was beautiful and the family time we shared was a special blessing. Also the early Thanksgiving dinner.
Aunt Maralyn

 
At 2:50 AM, Anonymous Rose Taylor said...

i am a 22 year old with terminal vasculitis, and have been greatly uplifted by the story of BJ and your families struggle. like him, i hope that my short life can have brought others closer to God. at the time of BJs illness, i was myself hospitalised experiencing the first symptoms of my illness. i know my family can relate to what you went through (i have had 25 intubations in 4 years...) thank you for sharing the message that death is not the end, and that God has the best plan possible for each of us.

Rose
France

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Temple Run said...

Thanks for your post! Through your pen I found the problem up interesting! I believe there are many other people who are interested in them just like me!

Geometrydashonline.net
Basketballlegendsgame.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home