Thursday, July 06, 2006

Tina, know that we continue to pray that God will work miracles in Ty's life and body and we believe that anything is possible in terms of healing and recovery because of the endless ability of our loving God.

Amy, tell Nate we are praying for him too - I remember well his discomfort, and his presence at the hospital in spite of it, when you made one of your many visits to St. Vincent's while BJ was there. I am so sorry to hear that this has recurred and while my surgery was up a lot higher, I have experienced the blessing of symptom relief that comes with a fusion. I haven't listened to Larry's message though I would like to soon.

Lord, we are so grateful that we can come to you over and over again with our petitions, and we lift these up to you and pray for your intervention in their circumstances and the best possible outcomes in accordance with your will for their lives. Provide every need Lord and if it is your will, heal these men and restore them to good health. In Jesus name we ask, Amen.


For most of my life music has been important to me in one way or another and certain songs have always served as instant time machines back to particularly happy, sad or poignant moments that my mind somehow associate with the particular tune in question.

During BJ's hospitalization there were a number of songs that became bookmarks in that part of my life. Many of you shared song lyrics with us to encourage us through those difficult days as well...it is interesting how we can find some degree of solice in the words born from the trials of others. For me personally the song that instantly pulls me back to August and September of last year is "Lifesong" by Casting Crowns. Carol, a co-worker of mine had given me a copy of the CD and a copy for Brent and Deanna. It took up residence in my car's CD player and was almost always what I listened to each day going to and from the hospital. Since that song is the first track on the disc, I heard it at least 80 times while driving during those weeks.

I also heard it in the hospital - either from the laptop on the desk they graciously accomodated our taking over (an unused information desk for the floor BJ was on) or from the player in BJ's room, though this was usually reserved for "his" music and this cd was released after he was sedated. Every time I heard this song I realized just how it fit Beej, his lifesong was singing to hundreds as he lay their unconcious, pointing them toward Jesus Christ. He was still planting seeds and going about his Father's business as he lay there "useless" in his illness and sedation.

There were other songs that make up the "soundtrack" of that chapter of life, songs by Billy and Cindy Foote, Mercy Me, Natalie Grant (oh how we didn't want that one to "fit") and others. There was almost always worship music playing in his room and at the desk thanks to a very accomodating medical staff, even during some of the surgeries. This song will always be special.

Of course, our lives are not movies and don't really have soundtracks as such, but there are "tells" in our lives that reveal parts of us to ourselves or others when they become known. And since music is a gift from above (well, some of it anyway) as well as a form of praise - I pray that the songs you identify with, or that mark the pages of your life, do so in as clear and positive a way as this song does with BJ's life.

Let your Lifesong sing to Him today,

Brad

5 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Brad. I had extra pts to use up at the record club so while I already had the 1st two tracks of Lifesong purchased online, I decided to go for the "album". It has been a blessing. Each song has touched me in some way and I am enjoying the music. Mercyme's song "Bring the Rain" with the worship chorus at the end has really impacted me recently. I was at their Alive performance which was on an outdoor stage at the bottom of a natural, grasslined theater. They were the headline act for Wed nite. Stormclouds had been gathering all evening. Mercyme began to sing Bring the Rain and you could hear many in the crowd say, no, no rain! Soon, we were all in the worship mode. As Bart sang, 'Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty', lightning danced between the clouds overhead. He truly was displaying His Glory all around! Throughout the song the sky was alive with light. It was awesome to experience and still gives me goosebumps 2 weeks later! Thankfully, the rain held off until most had made it to the cars or back to their campsites. He surely uses music to touch our hearts and souls.
Mark, OH

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank You For The Cross, by Hillsong, is the song that spoke to me the first time I entered a church 5 years ago. I couldn't tell you what the message was about, but I could tell you every word of that song and the meaning of it, and that was how it was for the 2 weeks following, until I gave my life to Christ. God used music to draw me to Him, and He still does to this day. I can't say that there a particular songs for times in my life, but I can say that worship is where I love to be.
Praise God for all that He is doing in NA.
Remembering those who need prayer whether spoken or not.

In His Love
Linda

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Marti, Thanks so much for asking about the visit. The honeymoon is definately over...lol... The first few days were great, now we (Hollie) seems to be slipping back into her old ways, so we contacted the school and suggested that we bring her back earlier than planned, as we didn't want all the hard work that they had put in, in the last 6 months to go down the drain.
We take her back next Wednesday, so again we ask for your prayers as we meet with the staff and her house parents and try to work through some issues.
I see some areas where the Lord has softened her heart and it's so wonderful to see.
We/I leave her in God's full control (trying very hard not to snatch her back) and let Him work in and through her life.
She has a definate calling on her life, and I know if she is willing to humble herself before the Lord that He is going to do so many amazing things. I can't wait to see.
God is so good, all the time, even those unspoken prayers, He hears and so graciously answers.

Thank you Lord that You love us so much, that You care about every area of our lives. Thank you for Your mercy that is new each day, thank you Lord Jesus for the ultimate price that You paid for us, let us never take it for granted, always remembering Your sacrifice.
In Your precious name I pray..Amen


In His Love
Linda

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) Love that God gave us a great "song book" - isn't it interesting that it is the largest book of the Bible, Psalms!?

All praise & glory to Him!

 
At 3:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
I have a used car waterloo new york site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home