Tuesday, August 22, 2006

After my first day in middle school, I feel a bit relieved. The students were very respectful and responsive. I know the first day of school can be a little scary for them too, but I'm thankful and praising God that He saw fit to place me in a school that seems to have a lot of potential and very nice students.

Thank you so much for praying. I've just been beside myself with anxiety and fear, over and over praying that I would let go and just trust. I even met two boys that in introducing themselves to me (and the whole class) let me know they were Christians. Now, I know I'm in the Bible belt but that was still very affirming to me.

I decided to tell the students a little about myself, briefly sharing of the loss of my son and our connection with Awe Star ministries. Afterall, it is a huge part of why we are here in Tulsa.

Now I am able to look forward with a more hopeful attitude to what God has for me. The challenges will remain but they will not loom as large with cooperative students coupled with their positive attitude toward music. I'm thankful and remain prayerful for the days ahead. That's about all we can do, since none of us knows what tomorrow may bring!

With love and renewed hope,
Mom

8 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Deanna,

So glad to hear your first day went well. I think it was great for you to share about yourself, BJ, and AWESTAR ministry because hopefully that will help the students appreciate more the up and down days you may have over the next couple of months. Still continuing to pray for all of you.
Tina

 
At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deanna
I am praying your anxiety turn to an abundance of energy and your fear change into an invited excitement, as you greet your new students daily.
I am praying your students fill your heart with joy as you teach, guide and inspire them throughout this schoolyear.
Dear Lord I pray Deanna is given peace in her heart and strength she needs. Her daily struggles may become overwhelming, and at some point, she may not want to greet the day, But I ask Dear Lord you give Deanna her strength. And I ask Dear Lord show her , you will hold her up when needed and give hope. Through each student she comes in contact,
Lord show a sign, allow Deanna to feel your arms around her and hold her and lift her, Dear Lord I pray in Jesus name Amen

Sincerely
your sister
in Christ
Lisa
Indpls., In

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger natenamy said...

Deanna--

So glad that you were able to share with your students... I know that they will learn a lot from you and that they will love you just like we all do here (it's kinda hard not to)! Please know that we continue to pray as you make these big adjustments and are thankful for His wonderful provisions.

Also, just wanted to update everyone about Nate. His surgery for a spinal fusion is scheduled for September 1st. Don't know what time yet or where it will be, but we are thankful for God's timing and for a wonderful orthopedic surgeon.

Brent, Deanna, Lauren and Whit... we love you LOADS and miss you TONS!

Hugs and kisses,

Amy (and Nate too)

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sister,
Great news from the first day of school. You are a wonderful teacher, and of course your students will love you! I'm jealous that they get to see you at least every other day and we don't. . . .

My prayers are that your stresses will be lessened as you develop meaningful routines in the classroom; that you will quickly acquire new friends, both personally and professionally; and that God will continue to lead you to renewed hope, refreshed mind, and revitalized faith as you serve Him so diligently and faithfully.

You are wonderful! My family and I miss you and love you!

Dan
Deer Park, TX

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MOM!

i told it would be great! yeah i'm so happy! love love love to hear that.

i'll continue to pray for you anxieties. pray that the Lord would continue to sustain you =)

love you
~kristin

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deanna,
Please know that you are in my prayers! Prayer for strength, comfort and, especially joy. Christ has extended the fellowship of people that love and pray for you. Know that you are embraced by His love and the love of those who are touched and changed by your lifesong. That community of people grows each time you step out of your comfort zone and reach to others --- and as they reach back.

 
At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you Marti as you send your daughter to college for the first time. May God grant you much peace!!

 
At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deanna,
I am so happy for you! As the first week progresses, I pray that you find new joys within the middle school environment! Missing you, Stacy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home