Friday, August 11, 2006

There was some confusion in our family about who would be updating the website while Dad was in Dallas debriefing the last mission team that came in from the Peruvian mountains... But now they are back, not without some airport hassle, and Dad is on his way home. Everyone is safe, and excited about the things God has been doing!

Today I guess I just want to share with you all about some things that have been on my heart. I pray God gives me the words, for there are so many things He has been showing me lately...

I've been reading through John, one of my favorite books of the Bible, and rediscovered a verse the other day that really spoke to me. In chapter 3, John the Baptist's disciples are very concerned because most of the people are going to Jesus to be baptized instead of coming to John. They're nervous about job security, or maybe they're just jealous. John explains to them that he was never meant to be in the spotlight forever - He knows that his place has been to prepare the way for the Lord. He does not expect to receive the same glory that Christ does.

"Man can receive only what is given him from Heaven."

What an impact this short, profound verse had on my heart! How often, even recently, I find myself seeking the blessings God has not yet given me. And I cannot receive them. I cannot manipulate situations enough to twist God's arm into giving me what He has not yet prepared my heart to receive! When will I learn.

And what I know is this: I want to receive what the Lord is trying to give me from Heaven. And to do that, I must be focusing on the now... and leave the future for the future.

What is God trying to give you now? Are you paying enough attention to receive it, or are you missing out on blessings by yearning for the ones yet to come?

Love to you all!
Lauren

10 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great insight today, Lauren. Too often I've dreamt of leading someone to Christ in a far off land while never inviting my neighbor to church. Fields must be tilled, planted, fertilized and watered before they're harvested. Why do I think I'm ready to stand and be crowned if I haven't yet crawled in humble obedience? Remembering you all in my prayers.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Kafo said...

Sometimes i wonder about Divine Intervention and today is proof that it exists. I decided to listen to my MercyMe CD today for the first time even tho' i have had it for over 2 weeks and that is why i am reading this blog today.
It's an inspiration, your words today have a very profound effect on me because of some stuff i am going thru.
So thanks
and may God continue to give your whole family strength and peace.

 
At 2:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauren,

Thank you so much for what you wrote today - it really ministered to me and was an answer to prayer. I haven't been seeing what the Lord has given me to receive today because I've been waiting for the future thing. I appreciate the transparency of these blogs and have been reading them for a long time. Blessings to all your family.

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LAUREN!

gosh sister..everytime your honesty just totally moves my heart. thank you for your honesty!

i love you girl!!
you go back on monday right?! be safe!! love love love love love!

praying always--
~kristin

 
At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN

 
At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi lauren...wow...i never really though about it that way!!! i am about to be a jr in high school and god has just moved me into a town 250 miles from the life i have always known! this summer i finaly relized that god has been calling me into ministry but he has yet to tell me which part...and for some reasson i just thought that he would give me a group of people to teach....like at a church or something...but the thing is he just wants me to live a godly life for the people around me so he can prepare my heart for ministry!!!!

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauren, Thank you sooo much for this verse! I know u wrote it on the 11th, but God meant it for me today! i miss you guys and it hard to believe its been an entire year since I have seen yall! I have been trying to keep up with yall on this site. I hope to one day return to Indiana at least for a visit!! I love yall and miss yall! ~~Karen Fielder Summer Missionary 2005

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Chip for epson printer cartridges jack black face buff energizing scrub percocet capsule Compare prices on dishwashers dealer locator mitsubishi Rci time share florida boating on the web http://www.dealer-pontiac.info/band-t-shirt-wholesalers.html Johanniter berlin callcenter http://www.wet-t-shirt.info/Tshirts10.html Lowest refinancing us Litigation neurontin Proactiv pickel wireless headset cell dentists in lumberton nc Cisco earnings 2006

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » »

 
At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home