Monday, September 11, 2006

What an encouragement this weekend was!!! We were humbled at the presence and movement of the Holy Spirit at FBC Snellville. Our God is amazing, and provides just what we need in such a timely fashion.

Deanna's singing was incredible! I was so blessed listening to her. When she sings I am transported to another place. I don't know how to describe it. Just amazing! Her countenance, her beauty, her testimony, her faith, her love for Jesus are so inspiring to so many. What an awesome work the Lord is doing through her! How blessed I am to be a part of her life.

The people of that body are precious. They received us with a humbling amount of honor and respect. It can be a little embarrassing. Not that they intentionally overdo things, they just love on their guests that much. That is no small thing in this day of church life.

Obedience. It all comes down to obedience. Had BJ been disobedient and gone where he wanted to go... Thailand, he would still be with us. Because he was obedient, the Lord Jesus is drawing life after life to His presence, and raising up those who will take Beej's place both on our soil and abroad.

Please pray for the many who surrendered to follow Christ in obedience... to GO!!!

I was very moved by the presence of one young family, weeping at the altar. Dad, mom, and two young children. God was doing a work. I wanted to hear from them, but we had to leave far too quickly.

I heard from a man whose wife lies gravely ill in the hospital with a lung disease from serving as a missionary in Africa.

Please pray for these. God has a plan for both, and they are seeking Him for direction.

We got to hear from many students from this body. I was struck by the number of them present on a Sunday night. I was reminded of BJ when one small young man whose voice has yet to change stepped forward to shake my hand and tell me he was going with me to Peru next summer. We heard from several who said the same. Each one of them is a blessing. This particular young man just stirred my heart a little bit extra.

Thank you Jesus for the provision of this weekend and FBC Snellville. You are an Awesome God!!!

Their pastor is suffering from a spontaneous detached retina. He just had his second surgery trying to correct this issue. Please lift Pastor Russ up in your prayer time as well.

Pastor Terry, Betty and Lucy... you are amazing! Thank you for everything. Terry, you are my brother and I love you.

dad (brent)

5 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

parents--

goodness i love you guys.

i was gonna call this weekend..but things got crazy and out of control.. so i didn't get around to it. i'm glad your time in GA was good tho.

the girl that i mentioned awhile back.whose dad was so so sick..he passed away on Saturday. it was expected. the funeral is thursday at 7 and i am very seriously comtemplating going home for it. please keep the whole family in your prayers!

i love you guys. prayin always.

~kristin

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad this weekend went well for you all! It's good to hear stories of people being moved by God to go, especially the younger people. God's going to keep using you guys in big ways.

Mike
Peru 05

 
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey mom hey dad

I just wanted to say that I love you guys and I miss you a lot. Know that you are in my prayers as we walk through the next few weeks. I love you guys tremendously and I hope to see you soon.

-Deej

 
At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom & Dad,

I'm so glad to hear of the amazing things God did this weekend. Your family has been especially heavy on my heart this week and I'm sure will continue to be in the coming weeks. It's so incredible to continue to see the impact BJ's story is having all over. The testimony on this page is evidence of this fact. I was sportin my prayforbj t-shirt today and had the opportunity to share the story several times. Many of those conversations led to an interest in summer missions! What an incredible God we serve!

I miss you guys! I hope to come up to T-town sometime soon and see you all.

Love ya,

~Katie

 
At 1:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying for all those people you impacted in GA! I pray that their decisions to go were honest and sincere and that when the time gets closer, they get more excited and ready.
I love you guys both (ALL - Whitney and Lauren!) so much!! A friend of mine was reading an old blog of mine about BJ and the book Don't Waste Your Life, and she went to this site and was moved tremendously by the posts. Even still today you are affecting people around the country and world.
Praying always for you!!
All my love,
Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home