Friday, December 22, 2006

13 hours after entering the car, we unloaded, 15 miles south of small town, Kentucky. Visiting family we have not seen in 15 months. The youngest at 21 months is fighting bronchitis. Lethargic, hot and coughing constantly, the reminder was unwelcome. The prayer entered into was consistent.

Young Nathaniel did not know me last night. This morning, he grew a little more comfortable. His difficulty breathing did not allow him much fight as he surrendered to my arms so that his parents could tend to other things. The house emptied of adults as there was a walk to go on, and the grocery to visit.

I remember this pose. I held him over my left shoulder. His cries quickly gave way to contentment as we looked out the back window, searching the landscape for puppies or birds.

Soon, he drew close to my chest, tucked his tiny hands under his body snuggling against me, and finding a pillow in my shoulder. I instinctively began to pat his little bottom. Before I knew it, he was softly patting my shoulder, keeping an equal beat.

How well I remember another little man who used to do that very thing. How comforting it was to hold him close, knowing that the sickness was yielding to a return to health. The Lord had touched him.

Soon, he began to get busy on the floor as 21 month olds should.

How precious are the children of the Lord. How carefully He tends to their needs and provides for them. How incredible that His timing is always perfect.

We will be here in Kentcuky until Sunday, and then will head to Indiana to be with more loved ones. Whitney sings at Northside Sunday night. We will gather to listen and to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Again, have a most blessed and Merry Christmas!!!

brent

7 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We pray for your family again this year that you will have a blessed Chrismas, knowing that your son is one of the privleged ones to be spending Christmas with Jesus. What a wonderful gift for your son.
May God bless you all.

 
At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What another wonderfully blessed gift from the Lord. Praying your Christmas is joyful and full of peace. Know that you are loved!

Linda Anderson

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Enjoy your special time together. Love, Stacy

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

family-

that touched my heart. i cant imagine what your heart felt when they told you he had bronchitis.. and to hear the cough. goodness.

i love y'all alot. 2 weeks from right now i'll be seeing you! i am REALLY excited about that! enjoy your holidays. enjoy your time together!

praying always.
~kristin

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
I don't know if you remember me, I posted comments often last year.
Ya'll are such an infulence in Christ. My cousin died three years ago on Christmas Eve, Christmas has not been the same ever since.
But what I have found to be one of the most encouraging things was that I knew she got the best present of all, being with Jesus.
Ya'll are in my prayers, thank you for being such an amazing example.
God Bless ya'll!
Your sister in Christ,
Emmy

 
At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and safe travel!

 
At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a blessed and merry Christmas with your beautiful family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home