Monday, January 29, 2007

I understand that there would be certain benefits for this conversation with Lyn to continue in a public forum. I also understand that there is great potential for hurt and pain to come down (intended or not) on both sides. I am frequently reminded of how many people are reading this site, and I do not believe it to be in everyone's best interest for this to continue here.

The issue at hand is of utmost importance and relevant for our day. There are many on both sides who harbor animosity for those opposed to them. Here, fear and judgment often replace Holy Spirit led direction, common sense and good will. While this forum could seem to be a benign way of sharing, in a manner that is not particularly painful, it would be hard for us to be fair in monitoring comments. What I construe as painful and might be tempted to delete, may in fact not be.

Simultaneously, this issue is intensely personal. I love Lyn and her partner. We are blessed to be able to spend time with them at holidays and other times. They are precious to me, and to my family. I do not want this to change, regardless of any outcome of this discussion.

Therefore, while I know that writing about it in the first place opened the discussion up, I do not intend for it to continue on prayforbj.com. I intend to conduct this privately, via e-mail or other more personal options.

I would ask that all parties interested please take the issue to prayer, and do so with all of your heart. It will not be resolved today or tomorrow. Even if it were in my family, it would not be for the community at large.

I do not yet have Lyn's blessing on this. However, the purpose of this website it to bring honor and glory to God, and to preserve the memory of our son and the life he spent for Christ. The Lord has given us this gift to be used to draw others closer to Him. I believe that without a doubt, the best way to attempt to continue this is to steer away from this topic. I believe that the continued open discussion would bring about unintended results. I do not mean for this to be hurtful to Lyn or any other person. The Lord God values each one of us.

All responses up to this point have been understandable. I just respectfully request that we be allowed to continue our discussion in private. If at some point it seems prudent to bring it back to this forum, I will remain open to that.

The most important thing that anyone can do now, is to pray for the wisdom of our Father in Heaven to be shared through His Holy Spirit with us as we continue on. Thank you for understanding.



I believe the Holy Spirit moved mightily at Texoma Christian School on Friday, and at Parkview yesterday. What an honor and privilege to serve the One who sacrificed all, that we may have Life! Thank you for your prayer support for the people of those two places!

brent

3 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe this is a wise decision on your part as well. I do pray that you and your family members can be loving to each other and can come to resolution. Prayer is a powerful tool. God bless you and your extended family.

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know a family that this "topic" does not affect. But I agree that this is not the place to discuss and/or argue about sexuality. There is so much work and ministry being done through this site. Judge not lest ye be judged. Now go forward in the love of the Lord and the LOVE that He commanded of us upon ALL His people.

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brent, again you've obviously sought the Father on this and you've chosen wisely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home