Thursday, July 19, 2007

Hello!!! We are back and soooo blessed! What an incredible summer we had in the Lord! I have so much to share with you that I fear I will blast on like a firehose with all we saw Him accomplish.

Our team was incredible! The Lord drew together a team that was equipped to deal with all that came our way. We saw Him move powerfully both on the team and in the hearts of the Peruanas. The tool we used in Peru was a drama that begins with creation and flows through to crucifixion and resurrection. Then we send the students out in teams of three to share the Gospel with those who want to hear. The team did the drama 91 times and saw 1500 people or more come to a saving knowledge of Christ.

We met many who knew BJ. We had many encouraging conversations about his impact on their lives, their love for him, and how he related to the people of Peru. I have a story to tell about a school that was named after him.

I cannot begin to thank you enough for your abiding prayer support!

God did so much in Peru this summer. We saw people and His created creatures bring Him praise.

There is a scene in our drama, where those who have accepted Christ bow down to Him. In Peru, there are dogs running everywhere. Most of them malnourished, and diseased. On this particular day, a healthy dog ran up to view what was happening. Those who gave their hearts to Christ had just accepted. The dog saw them bow. As they stood up, he moved into the stage area, near where the young man portraying Christ was standing.

If dogs can smile, this one did. He bowed down on his front paws, toward Christ and remained in that pose for 15 seconds, until Christ moved. I stood their dumbfounded! God's created was worshipping and praising the Savior!

If they will, I will too!

I have much to tell you and will begin writing again soon. We are still in Dallas debriefing our summer teams, and then we receive and send out a new team headed to Panama for 10 days. We won't return to our home until Sunday sometime. Until then, thank you for your faithfulness to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! I will write when I can!

brent

6 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless,
Greenfield, Indiana

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Back! I'm glad that you had a good trip and it is wonderful how many came to know the Lord.

We all need to keep praying for those who made decisions!

 
At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm requesting pray for 2 things.
1 - my mothers health
2 - I have been unemployed for 9 months
3 - My marriage... there seems to be tension and stress

I pray each night but felt maybe u could add me to the list.
Thank You. I read the blog everyday for inspiration.

TN

 
At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is sooo AWESOME!! The enthusiasm in your blog is contagious and I can't wait to hear how God moved through you and your teams this summer!

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back in the States! I can't wait to read about your journey. Carmel, IN

 
At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WELCOME BACK HOME IT IS SO GREAT TO KNOW THAT YOU ALL ARE OUT THERE DOING GOD WORK. I DON'T BELIEVE WE HAVE A LOT OF TIME LEFT TO WORK. EVEN THO WE MISS YOU ALL TERIBLE AT FIRST BAPTIST IN MOORESVILLE IN. KEEP JESUS LIFTED UP UNLIL HE RETURNS.WE LOVE YOU ALL ALICE ROBINSON

 

Post a Comment

<< Home