Friday, June 06, 2008


Darcy, Craig and James Elliot Wiley and Barbara Cross. These friends helped set up the book signing and worked out the details for much of what happened in Indiana! What a blessing they are! (Barbara and Darcy are mother and daughter)


There is so much that we must trust the Lord for in life. Sometimes I wonder how much we really believe He will come through.

In two weeks, all of our leaders will make a journey from Tulsa (where they will be trained) to Dallas where Awe Star University will begin. Awe Star University is the training week for our missionaries, before heading off to the field.

Up to this point, the missionaries have been busy trying to raise support for their trips. They really have to work hard to do so. This year has been more difficult with the economy and fuel prices surging in opposite directions. People are less inclined to give.

As I review the finances of many of our students, my level of concern for how many of them will be forced out due to lack of money, increases.

I have seen the Lord come through in the past. I have seen students who were ready to back out because they had worked very hard and just could not get the last $1000 dollars raised.

Then just as they their discouragement was peaking, the Lord would bless them with someone who had just the amount of money they needed, and it often arrives anonymously! These stories are so incredible to see unfold!

This year, it has been a bit harder to believe things would work out. Many of them have raised the necessary funds and are all set. There are, however, many who I look at where they are and it is hard for me to believe they are going to make it. So little time is left.

Over the last couple of years, the battle we fought was a dropout rate of 15%. This year, that number has decreased, but so has the seeming ability to raise funds.

The bottom line is I know the Lord was in control then just as He is now. Most of these students will make it, and their funds will come in. We serve a God who wants us to trust Him. It is so easy to do when things are going well, but when they are not, we tend to try to seize control.

Control needs to be yeilded to Him all of the time. I know this, so why do I still struggle with the action of giving up my will and need to oversee things to assure they turn out right?

My solutions would more often than not, interfere with God's answers. I need to do my job, pray, and allow the Lord to reveal Himself in the seeming impossibilities of life. This is when people get dearly blessed!

It won't be long before I return to Peru with a team of 22. I also have teams going to Chile, Panama, North Africa and South Asia. The tasks before us are God sized. We must each trust Him for the solutions. Each of us have to be faithful in the trenches and then we can see His glory unfold. Not because of our work, but because of His plan.

Many lives will be changed this summer. I cannot believe the time is nearly here, again. Praise God for His provision, and brent?...stay out of the way!

dad

6 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great reminder today, dad!! We just need to get out of His way. He must laugh at us sometimes, like we did when our kids grabbed the plastic screwdriver and 'helped' us put together shelving, clean the mower or repair the fence. They always were so proud of what they had done when in fact it was nothing! lol
Mark \0/

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless,
Greenfield, Indiana

 
At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not much, but how do I donate to Awe Star Ministries?

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Pray for BJ said...

If that is truly your desire, you can make a check out to Awe Star and mail it to
Awe Star Ministries
po box 470265
Tulsa, Ok. 74147

 
At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a blessing for us to spend time with both of you while you were in Indy. I was also happy to see the BJ Higgins Missions Fund is able to help send one of our own Northsiders to Panama. Our family has been through many of those 'live by faith' moments when our kids have raised money for mission trips. God always provides. Jehovah Jireh!
-Barbara

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello there!

It's "mekatie" again, and I wanted to tell you that I'll most definitely be praying for you as you lead your team to Peru. I've been there before on a mission trip and I think it's safe to say that I have left part of my heart there.

I just returned from an awestar trip to Panama and it was completely amazing. God did great things through us and I pray that your team will remain sold out for God so that you guys can stay in the middle of His will.

God bless,
Katie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home