Saturday, July 11, 2009

Brent, Deanna and the AweStar team are sharing in the mountain villages now in Peru. They continue to see a great hunger for the truth, seeing many pray to receive Christ and seeking churches to mentor them. There is also great darkness in many areas so please continue to pray for them. Again, you can follow along under the Trip Update Section (Peru) at www.awestar.org


"Light, space, zest - that's God! So with Him on my side I am fearless, afraid of no one and nothing." --Psalm 27:1 (from The Message)

I want to say this and mean it. I am not there yet and I know that I can't attain this of my own accord because I am too weak-minded and timid. but I do believe that it can be true because I believe in the Wod that God has given us. I believe it because it is the word of God! Those who are working on The Bible's revision to suit their personal or political views should remember that.

It amazes me that there are groups of scholars who would have us believe that the church has always gotten it wrong, that only this new "enlightened" interpretation filled with politically correct revisions could be what He (or She) really meant when He inspired his select to write scripture; the original authors were apparently confused at what the Holy Spirit wanted them to write.

I would ask them why it is that our Lord would allow His word to be misunderstood, misinterpreted and mis-taught for so long, only to be corrected by a group of folks who don't believe that Jesus would have said most of what scripture says that he did. This seems worse than arrogance to me - why call yourself a follower of Christ if you don't believe His word?

I write about it but must be prepared to stand up in love and challenge those who would warp the Holy Scriptures. How long will I cower and hide as men mock God?! Lord strengthen me so that I might be used for your purposes today.

Brad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home