Monday, February 08, 2010


part of our team in North Africa that hiked up Toubkal, in 2006...


This past week was amazing!

I had the privilege of serving at Indian Rocks Christian School (and Church) in Largo, Florida and then at an event called "Elevate" in Marion, Arkansas's FBC.

I made many new friends and saw the Spirit of the Lord move over us in blessed fashion.

I reconnected with my friends and missionaries to North Africa while in Florida. I did not know they were going to be at the same event I was. The blessing was huge, as we got to share a meal and multiple conversations about what the Lord continues to do in NA.

Finding out that the man who had acted as interpreter for us while my family and I were there (and team) was now not only serving as pastor, but was in seminary is a miracle of the Lord! I have written of him before and the fact that I had shared the Gospel with him multiple times, but he was not going to make a decision for Christ out of respect for his father (who was Muslim) while he was alive.

We reminisced about our time working together, and what is currently happening in the country. The news was very good as the Lord continues to provide in amazing ways and they are seeing real progress!

After my time in Florida, I headed to a youth event in Arkansas. I had an incredible time with these students and was amazed at how my Lord moved in their lives! We saw many come to Christ and several surrender to ministry/missions!

I am so thankful for this!

On Sunday, as I was heading to the airport, I received word that the friends I reconnected with in Florida (missionaries to NA), had terrible news. Their home in North Africa and the house churches had been raided! The government there has recently cracked down on missionaries there, and deported many.

They do not know if they will be able to return or not! This is their calling, their love, their life. Please join me in praying for J and S and for my friend in seminary.

We serve a Mighty God who has ALL authority, and He can open the door for their return and protection of their (His) "assets."


dad

5 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger gilbert said...

Wonderful to hear how the Lord is moving among the students and other young people. I will pray for your friends - I am in touch with a couple in a N-A country too.

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW , hay I'm schoolgirl' GOD is good

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Marti Pieper said...

You know I am and will be praying. And I'm still excited about the great things He does.

After taking about 90 minutes to post my first test blog today,I have a new appreciation for your diligence over the past nearly-five years. There's no way I can match it. But I can look on in and awe, and continue

praying in pink
with tender love,

Marti

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Rachel said...

To BJ higgin's mom and dad:
My name is Rachel, and I recently read your book "I would Die for You" about your son BJ. It totally changed my life. I'm 15, and I had been praying that God would use me in an awesome way. And then I accidentally found that book at the library. It was really amazing at how I found it. But anyway, after reading that, BJ became my "role model" i guess you could say. And I had also been considering going into the mission feild, and that book just showed me that those thoughts weren't just me, they were God's calling. Just 3 days ago, I got back from ministering in India. God did so much for me through the story and life of your son. BJ was truly used by God in more ways that one.

With love, from one humble servant of God to another,
Rachel

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger LaCount said...

In June 2005 BJ was a part of his youth mission team that worked in Southeastern KY. I was the director of the project called Youth On Mission.

Little did I know that "kid" BJ, who was sitting at the table with me for dinner one night, would make the ultimate sacrifice of his life for the Gospel.

I am now a missionary working with poverty issues in northeastern NC. I have many opportunities to speak to groups about missions and sacrifice. I am scheduled to speak at Campbell University in North Carolina on March 3,2010. God has reminded me of BJ and our short encounter that week in June 2005. I will be telling the student body that day about BJ.

I wanted you to know that there is one more person in the world that was blessed by this young man...Me.

Rev. LaCount Anderson
Cooperative Baptist Fellowship

 

Post a Comment

<< Home