Wednesday, March 10, 2010


Katie and me in Mexico


Deanna and I are leading a team to Mexico for Spring Break. We actually have over 40 people going, so we are breaking into two teams upon arrival.

Deanna and Kenny (from my office) will lead one, and Katie (pictured above) and I will lead the other. We will all be together in for meals and teaching, but will minister separately.

I would ask you to pray for the supple hearts of those we will minister to and for safety. We are heading into a border town that has received a great deal of negative press for drug wars.

No, we are not insane.

God has opened this door for us, and contrary to worldly wisdom, we go where He leads, even when it seems uncertain. We know that nothing can happen apart from His authority. We trust in Him completely.

It is interesting that we are taking the largest team we've ever taken at a time when the press has been most negative. God has some amazing things in store and we cannot wait to see how He will move!

Still, we covet your prayers and ask that you would visit www.awestar.org and click on the trip updates and then on Spring Break to follow what He does.

We leave on Saturday with a 14 hour drive, minister for a week and return the following Saturday evening.

Even now, I am busy making final preparations and trying to get all of my teachings in order for this journey.

The discipleship time is among my favorites. I love seeing God do a work in the hearts of His own after they have spent the day pouring themselves into others.

You really should experience this with me one day! You will be changed. Our God is amazing!

Thank you for your support and encouragement. I will update after we return.


dad

8 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your California family will certainly be praying. We know that God will be with you. We pray for safety for the whole team.
Love you,
Aunt Maralyn and family

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger KK said...

:)

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Tuxpan, Mexico we'll have American visitors, also. We, too, are making final arrangements...

A group of 18 people from Madison, Alabama are coming to do construction work, and lots of community ministry in Tuxpan and the surrounding areas.

We'll be praying for y'all, and ask for your prayers also. Yes, we serve a huge God, and it will be fun to participate in His work, and see the results that He sends!

Love, Jolene (and Dan)

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger brobrad said...

I love you guys and will be praying for you, the team and the ministry during this time.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger gilbert said...

I will be remembering yall, and praying for the Lord to do great things over the spring break outreach. And Brent - I'd love to experience the descipleship time with you one day - I still need changing!! with love-in-Jesus, Gilbert.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Marti Pieper said...

As your son understood, the safest place is always the center of His will.

You know I'll be lifting you up

with tender love
and prayers in pink

Always!

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly will be praying for your travels, your ministry, and your health and protection. May God bless each member of your team.

Cousin Becky

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

will be praying for you. Just found the info on BJ. I have been inspired by his life. I am a youth pastor in Ga. and I am going to share his story with our youth tonight. I am using his journal entry Armour of God. God bless you. I can't imagine the grace it takes to go on without BJ. However, I know God is faithful to provide you with all you need.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home