Thursday, April 22, 2010


Whitney and Sig. She is about to graduate Univ of Texas, Arlington, in Nursing!!! She's already passed her boards!


What a week I've had! The Lord blessed the time I was privileged to share with the folks in Lindsay, Oklahoma! These are precious people from small town America.

I made new friends, met many who love the Lord, and celebrated His call on our lives, with them.

One experience stands alone.

I am blessed to be able to sell a few of our books on such occasions as this. On one particular evening, I was out of books, when a young 9 year old girl walked up with her mother.

She approached timidly with a fist full of rolled up bills. My immediate thought was about how I was going to have to apologize for being out of books. Her mother broke my train of thought. She introduced her daughter, "Mallory."

Initially, she struggled to make eye contact, seeming very shy. She handed me her Bible and asked me if I'd sign it.

Honestly, I felt a bit foolish... after all, this was God's Word!

The evening before, I had brought a message on "discerning God's voice beneath the noise of life." I don't think she needed to hear it. I believe this young warrior already knew His voice.

Others would later tell me about this Mallory. Here are some of their comments.

"She tells everybody she meets about Jesus."

"She has an unusually deep relationship with the Lord."

"The Lord speaks to her... and she hears from angels."

Without a doubt, the anointing of the Lord rests on her! I felt blessed to share a few moments of her life.

The Lord had spoken to her before the service this evening. He had told her to bring her money with her.

She did.

She extended her hand toward me. That her money was all rolled and crinkled seemed childlike. Her words, spiritually mature, offered stark contrast.

"I need to give my money to you to help send someone to the mission field."

I fought for composure and managed a wide smile.

Her mother added, "This is all of her money!"

I was reminded of the widow's mite. I was overwhelmed that one this young would be moved to bless in such huge fashion.

She reminded me of one who is no longer at my side.

I stuffed the bills into my pocket and thanked her. I told her I would see that her money went to someone who really needed her help!

She seemed poised to tell me a lifetime of information. This moment would be stolen, it could not last long enough to hear the fullness of her heart.

I am so thankful that the Lord moves in the lives of children. I sometimes wonder what our world would look like if we allowed Him to work similarly in our lives. He even tells us, "I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." (Mk 10:15)

Last night, she returned to me... the shyness shed. "I found more money, and I needed to give it to you," she offered.

I took her five dollars and added it to the thirty eight she had already given.

"She did what she could... wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told." Mk 14:8-9

"They all gave out of their wealth; but she gave out of her poverty, put in everything - gave all she had to live on." Mk 12:44

Would that we were all obedient to the words the Lord speaks into our lives. Do we hear Him?

Mallory is one of my heroes of the faith!


dad

3 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger Marti Pieper said...

I love this story.

One year, one of our daughters gave all the money she had to our church's annual Christmas offering for international missions. The sacrificial offering of this (then) seven-year-old amounted to some $20 and change. And no amount of parental discussion ("Honey, are you sure you want to give ALL your money?") could persuade her to change her mind.

She gave what she had because the Master had spoken. And I know He multiplied it beyond anything we could ask or think.

Jesus was right: A little child shall lead them. And Mallory is one who is already taking BJ's place.

Praying in pink,
with tender love.

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! this story remimded me so much of our Cladee. This is exactly what she would do and what she has done on more than one occasion. It is so great to see and hear of Children that really get it. They put adults to shame.
We also are so proud of Whitney.
Aunt Maralyn

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless,
Greenfield, IN

 

Post a Comment

<< Home