Tuesday, September 21, 2010


Cladee from Carlsbad, California was one of the first to surrender her life to missions at BJ's celebration of life. Since that time, she and her family have been to the field multiple times, and are having a deep impact for our Savior! She is learning everyday how to "Raise a Revolution" for her King!


I just returned from the doctor's office and everything is fine right now.

This past weekend on a very hot day, Deanna went with me to do some work at the farm. She hadn't been there in a while, so I was walking her around the property showing her some things of interest to me.

Then we settled in to get some work done. I climbed a tree to hang a tree stand for later in the fall. I had some struggle getting it to settle in the way I wanted it.

Once it was hung, I grew nauseous and faint. I was faced with a decision. I didn't know what was going to happen, but I could tell I was getting weak, light headed, and unstable. These are not things you want to experience 18 feet up.

I didn't want to frighten Deanna, I felt a bit disoriented and unsure, so I leaned into the crotch of the tree to get as stable as I could. I began to fade...

Several times this past summer while I have been working at the farm, I had similar experiences. The difference was that I was always on the ground, and could get my head between my legs. A couple of times, I had to go start the truck and let the air conditioning revive me.

We have been concerned, but have written it off to the extreme Oklahoma heat (100+), and possible dehydration (combined with my high blood pressure). This time, raised the bar of concern.

...The mental fog I found myself in, disappeared with all daylight and consciousness.


I could not tell you how long I was out. I only know that its been years since I heard the urgency present in my bride's voice, as she beckoned me back.

As the gathered clouds began to lift, I tried to figure out what was happening, and where I was. All I could hear were her pleas.

I had a firm sense that I was being held against that tree.

When I was once again aware, I began to sing to my Savior, using His Name. I had a sense He had me held there. It helped bring focus back to my situation.

That He would spend Himself completely on a tree to save my life and have me held against another to spare it again, is incomprehensible to me.

I could hear her fear. It haunts me still.

I felt stupid, desperate, grateful and scared all at once. I was still shaky and uncertain. I was thirsty.

She offered to go to the truck to bring me water. When she left, I breathed a prayer and climbed down as quickly as possible, and knelt to get my head below my heart.

She collected my gear and we retreated to the truck.

Driving home, I realized I carried a mark from my experience.

My neck had "strawberry" from where the bark had scuffed it from the pressure of being "held" against that tree.

I was and am thankful for it. My scuff has dissipated, His scars remain.

The doctors' staff did a number of tests which provide me with no immediate answers, except to say they have doubled my blood pressure medication. (My EKG was fine, my blood sugar - good, my urine sample, "clean.")

I will be heading to a cardiologist for further testing, in the near future.

I give praise to my Lord for "keeping me."


brent

6 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear you are alright. Thank you Jesus

 
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are in my prayers...
God Bless,
Greenfield, Indiana

 
At 12:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness....
I love your faith, in all the ways that you acknowledge Him. Reminds me of my son. Praying for your healing, we need your insights.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Mama Cross said...

I've been thinking of you guys and praying for you this week. Got on here to see how you're doing. I hope the Lord will heal whatever is going on in your body. What a tremendous testimony you have that you give God the glory in whatever circumstance you find yourself... so many rich object lessons just from passing out in a tree. Love you all. -Barbara

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness, Brent!! I'm so sorry to hear about this happening again and am SO thankful that Jesus held you tight...... Please take care.... Love you
Lynae

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please take care of yourself, Brent! I too thank God that He kept you safe in that tree and will be praying for all of the doctor's tests in the future. Thinking of and praying for all of you.

Cousin Becky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home