Thursday, September 23, 2010


self portrait by BJ, a few days before he entered the hospital


Afshin Ziafat, the evangelist who was speaking the night BJ gave his heart to Christ, was preaching a week long youth event over this past summer. His concluding message ended with BJ's story.

A couple of youth groups from the Pampa, Texas area were in attendance at this event.

One young man named Zach, was deeply impacted by BJ's life. He came home, told his family about it and they quickly got a copy of our book.

After reading it, his family began to tell others about it and a "buzz" began, that would result in the trip I just returned from.

I was contacted by a youth minister in Pampa. He told me that they had a "See You At The Pole" event coming up, that included many churches across denominational lines. He asked if I would be willing to come and speak at their event.

I was excited to be asked and had the privilege to go.

I arrived yesterday afternoon, and was taken to dinner by two youth pastors from different churches.

Both men had served two to three year terms as missionaries. One in Yemen and one in Togo and Niger (Africa).

We covered a lot of ground in conversation, over dinner. The former Yemen missionary told me he had stumbled across our blog while serving. He and his wife followed our story until BJ went home.

We arrived at the church that was hosting it this year. There are around 10 churches that work together regularly and their youth pastors meet frequently. The students from these churches plus their friends came last night, forming a group of around 500 or more!

I had the opportunity to share BJ's testimony with them. God moved in power!

We saw many receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior and hundreds come forward to reflect their surrender to take on the significant task of beginning to share the Gospel with those around them!

I praise God for how He moved!

I am tremendously blessed!!!


dad

2 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger Marti Pieper said...

It always blesses me to see the way God is still working out the vision He gave for the ways BJ's message would extend to the nations.

His earthly life may have ended, but his ministry lives on as he does in your hearts and with his heavenly Father.

Proud of your service,
praying for you always

in pink
with tender love!

 
At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at this camp that Afshin spoke at and I remember very clearly when he spoke about BJ. After hearing BJ's story, the following invitation I felt God's call for myself to surrender into ministry, so I did!
I just recently finished yalls book "I would die for you." And wow.. His story really touched my heart! One thing I admire a lot about BJ is how he didn't hesitate to do what God told him to do. He just did it. He has definitely challenged me in my faith and it makes me want to be more about living for Christ and leading people to him.
Thank you so very much for writing this book and sharing your sons story!! It has changed my life and bunch of others too!

God bless!!!

-Kailey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home