Friday, December 23, 2005

My cousins' three year old daughter, Tadee, had occasion to visit a live nativity recently with her mother, Marla (a schmaltz life.) As they made their way through the crowd, and the stations before the nativity, Tadee announced, "I want to go see baby Jesus." She was told they were headed that direction, and would get to see Him, soon. They continued to make their way.

An impatient and newly turned three year old, did not understand or appreciate the delay. She averred, "I want to see baby Jesus!" Once again, Marla told her that they would see Him soon. "What could be more important that seeing Him?" she must have thought. Impatience grew even stronger within her until she could contain it no longer. "I want to go see baby Jesus before He goes back!!"

Suddenly, Marla clued in to what young Tadee was thinking. The baby Jesus she had heard so much about had come to this church... finally. Certainly touched, but with an element of concern, Mom responded, "Tadee, the manger holds a baby doll which is pretending to be baby Jesus, He's not really in there." Yound Tadee's countenance fell. Disappointment was written all over her face and cascading body expressions.

She had come to see Jesus. She was enthused and impatient. The day of days had come. She was to behold this Jesus she had heard so much about. It must have been a cruel joke to place a doll in this bed of the real baby! How could she have expected such a miracle?

How could we? Do we dream that big? Do we cling to our Jesus that hard, and with that kind of innocence? Do we expect to see Him show up in our daily circumstances? Do we allow Him to move in our lives? Is He really the embrace of Christmas in our home?

"For unto us is born this day in the city of David, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign unto you, you will find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, and lying in a manger." Luke 2

He is alive! He is real! Praise Jesus, He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords!!!

Let us celebrate His birth like never before! Hallelujah, He is there! Thank you Tadee for showing us the attitude to come before Him with!


dad

we arrived home safely this afternoon, and will head to a cabin to be with family. We do have computer access this time. Love to you all, you inspire us.

11 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW - for the FIRST time - I am first on the list! This rarely ever happens to me - how EXCITING :)

I sent you a package on Monday and I pray it's made it to you! If not, I am sorry I ruined the surprise, but I just want to make sure you receive! Let it be a simple THANK YOU for your FAITHFULNESS to our Lord! JESUS ROX!!!

God bless you all and MERRY CHRISTMAS to you! I pray you enjoy your time with your loved ones and SAVOR every single moment! They were meant to be PRECIOUS!!!

Love to you dear family!!!

Laurel in San Diego

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I will not have Internet access once I leave work today I wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas Higgin's family!

Much love.

Your sister in Christ,
Noblesville, IN

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Ashley Reagan said...

May you have a blessed Christmas season with friends and family close by! Thank you for blessing my life. I love you family!

Ashley Dawn

 
At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember Marla telling me about how much Tadee didnt understand the baby doll takind Jesus' place at the live nativity. She is so cute! Amazing what you realize when a child says something that you would normally look over.

I sent a package for Christmas to you guys but it is currently suck in Kentucky and wont make it to your house until the 27th. It may make it there earlier but I dont think it will...I hope you enjoy it!
God bless you guys!
Love,
Lauren Szabo

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing the Higgins family a very merry Christmas!! As always, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

The Barnett Family

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear mr higgins....

You have the coolest family! Your little cousin sounds absolutely precious....

This reminds me of a few years back to when my son's were 10 years old. We had taken them to see a live production of the play "The Promise". When the crucifixion scene was taking place, we noticed our son, Justin, very antsy in his seat....as Jesus walked the center aisle, with his cross over his shoulder, and the whip cracking down....my son began to cry and screamed NO! the love for Jesus that our children can hold in their hearts is so vrey precious!!
Merry Christmas Higgins family....you are loved by so many.

 
At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Higgins
My grandparents really need a lot of prayers this week and coming months. There house in Alexandria was ramsacked and burned. Luckly the house did not completly collapse and not much was stolen...just burned. Luckily they were at their house in Florida at the time and are staying with us now. Pray for the people who committed this terrible act.

On a another subject I am employed at Family Christian Bookstore in Carmel. So next time you are up here stop in.

Your Brother in Christ
Jonathan Haag

 
At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Brent, Deanna, Lauren and Whitney,
We want to take this time to say Merry Christmas to you all. I know this Holiday season will be like no other and we are so glad that you will be with family.
Our prayers are with you. I can't imagine how you must ache for your son but also know the peace that is in your heart knowing that he is celebrating with Jesus our Lord!
Take care, and may God continue to Bless you as you serve him.
Love in Christ,
Glen and Jean Peters in Santa Claus

 
At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww tadee... i love it when God uses the faith of children to teach us. The faith that is so pure and untouched by the opinions of this world. I had heard the short version of this story from Marla earlier, but the full version really makes you want to have an amazing passion for Jesus. Thank you for sharing!

Chelsea Jacobson
Carlsbad, CA

 
At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning! What a precious story. Just wanted to say be safe, enjoy your family and I'll see you next year. Love to you all and Bless our Holy Savior.

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How ya doing Pray for BJ, Hope you are having a good day. Your this post site is most interesting. I was looking for pray to god related information when I came across it. Thanks for the read. I have a site that may interest you come and visit sometime, pray to god thanks again, take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home