Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Well they made it. They left last evening from Indiana and drove through the night. Well, the girls slept, and Brad drove. I imagine my mother kept him awake on their 10 hour journey. Thankfully, they arrived around 2:45 AM.

It is wonderful to have them here. We have been looking forward to this for some time. The holidays from Thanksgiving to Christmas are my favorite time. I love how sentimental everything is. I love the decorations everywhere. The opportunity to get together with family and friends is a blessing that is unique.

My mother decorates like nobody else for the holidays. My house is usually rather anemic looking compared to hers. It's not that we don't try, we just aren't that good. I still love seeing the adornments around the city, and in specific homes of each person we visit.

It is my fervent prayer that each of you will have precious time with your loved ones this Thanksgiving. Make an effort to make the time memorable. We are never guaranteed tomorrow, and the moments you spend today will help carry you through difficult times.

We appreciate the prayer and encouragement from those of you who frequent this place. It is such an uncommon engagement. I wish so much that we could sit down face to face and share a cup of coffee our hearts. Your input over the last year or so has been very healing, and has encouraged us more than you know.

Times like that last two days when I could not get onto the site (some of you couldn't either) made me feel a bit out of sorts. The deposits you make in this place are a reflection of our Savior. The frustration tends to mount when technology does not do what it is supposed to, for no apparent reason. So Thank You, for your continued input. You are a blessing. I pray the Lord blesses each of you this Thanksgiving.


I want to update you on the book about BJ. We have received an offer from a publishing company. If things work out, the book will be released in the spring of 2008. I know that seems a very long way away, but I competely trust the Lord and His timing for how and when this book is released.

Also, for those who have been asking why MercyMe is not playing BJ's song during their concerts, I heard from Bart last week on this. "Die for You" was planned to be the second song released. They were practicing it for this concert tour, but the high part at the end was hurting his voice. They made a change and released "Hold Fast," instead. I still hope...

Have a blessed Holiday week!

brent

8 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May you have a blessed Thanksgiving and a wonderful time with your family.

Thank you for the update on the book, can't wait.

I went to a MercyMe concert a couple of weeks ago, and yes, I was disappointed too. I was praying to hear him sing it, talk about BJ, etc. But understandable for his voice, and it was a great blessing anyway...although it would have made it perfect!!

Thank you for letting us all be an extended part of your family, the way all Christian brothers and sisters should be at all times. Blessings for each other and prayer warriors. God bless you! And praise God the site is back to normal! Missed you!

Linda Anderson

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May God bless you and your family this Thanksgiving.

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving. We have many things to be thankful for and your family is one of them. Thank you and God bless your fellowship over this holiday weekend.

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to the Higgins family. May you be blessed with your time together.

Thank you for the blessing this site/what you have shared through it has been to my life.

God's peace.

Tina

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are thankful for you and your family! Hope that you have a great Thanksgiving. We are thinking of you.

The Barnett's

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh dad--

i'm sorry my commenting has been less frequent.

i'm so excited that you get to spend this time w/your family. i glad that they got to come down and share this holiday w/you. I love being at home as well. My sister and brother in law are here, and i haven't seen them since July.. its been good!

i read the post about our conversation when i listened to the BJ story again.. it wasn't b/c you weren't getting the details right.. but b/c there were parts in there that i didn't know. and i was just captivated all over again. thank you for remembering that i said that. it was nothing but truth...

i love you! i hope that your thanksgiving is nothing short of marvelous!!

missing you guys.. but i'll be seeing you soon! JANUARY!

~kristin

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
May God bless you and keep you safe. I am so thankful for BJ and your family for changing so many lives for the better including mine. I am also thankful for all God has done.

 
At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's 12:08am, and offically over. But each day I am thankful for bj's witness and the Higgin's faithfulness in sharing their faith journeys with us. Happy Thanksgiving Higgins and blog family.
\o/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home