Wednesday, December 27, 2006

My son,

As another year draws to a close, we have now viewed life for the last 15 months without your companionship. While it has not been what we would have chosen, it has not passed without amazing blessings from our Lord and Savior.

We have seen many give their hearts to Jesus as a result of His utilizing your testimony in their lives. We have heard from a young lady who gave up drugs, alcohol and sex, to live for Jesus. We've seen a former youth worker who fell to moral failure, resubmit her life to the Lordship of Jesus. A significant number of people have served on the mission field as a result of your life.

BJ, I could not be more excited to see these things happen. If but one of these would have happened as a result of your conversations directly with them, I know you would have been thrilled.

In January 2008, the book on your life and testimony will come out. Many are already calling for it, and are most excited about how the Lord continues to use your obedience to draw others to Him. I must confess that I did not believe it was going to happen. I am so proud of you!

This Christmas without you has been quite a mixture of emotions. Your name has come up frequently as we have spent time with family from around the US. I miss your input and gentle loving presence. It is so uncomfortable to talk about our family in terms of being "four," or my now frequent references to your mother and sisters as the "girls," where an implied reference to them as 'my family,' has replaced former terms.

I am most thankful for how you lived your life in obedience to Christ. I am most thankful to have had a son who understood the necessity to be completely sold out to Jesus. Many still do not understand this. Few actually live their lives this way. Your example has become a reference for how a believer should live. Thank you buddy, for loving Jesus so completely. Thank you for reflecting His Holiness to those you touched.

The Lord has opened many opportunities for your family to travel and share your story, your life, your testimony. Many say that we have only seen the "tip of the iceberg," in terms of what impact the Lord will ultimately have through your obedience.

I am most humbled by your selfless dedication.

This next year, most of your friends are representing Jesus, around the globe. They are traveling both domestically and internationally, to share the Love of Jesus with the lost.

A part of your physical being rests high above north Africa, overlooking many villages and Mosques. Another part of you will travel to Peru this summer to remain in the country where Jesus radically transformed your own life and calling...both delivered by your family.

I do not suppose a father could be more proud of his son. Even the song composed about your life by Bart, continues to impact the world. We have heard from many who are humbled by your commitment and your youth.

I love you most deeply. I miss you most difficulty. I anticipate one day being reunited with you with immense desire. Until then, know that you are my hero!

I love you, BJ!

Poppy

6 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you (again) for being so transparent in sharing your feelings and thoughts. I am deeply moved by what you have written.

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless you! I feel like I am sitting right beside you when I read your words. My heart breaks for you. How lovely it must be where BJ is, I cannot wait until the day that we all join him there, face to face with our King.

In Christ,
Shelly
Noblesville, Indiana

 
At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fighting back the tears, thrilled to understand how Jesus can use a solitary sold-out life, wondering what He could do with many sold-out lives, questioning if my life is sold-out or if I've sold out, knowing His Grace is all I have to hold onto, standing in admiration of you and your family Brent, praying as aways.
\o/

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful expression of your heart to your son, our hero, and the Lord's good shepard. The road is paved, now we must walk. BJ had a way of radiating the beauty of walking in, for and with Christ. He made it exciting and humbling and troubling. May we all walk in Christ as he did. A new year beginning, a new start with Him!

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In tears.....

Agape
Linda Anderson

 
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to BJ. I can imagine him smiling in delight and joy as he "learns" of the many victories that have resulted through his testimony which you share. Surely he rejoices right alongside the angels when another soul is won for the Kingdom! Yes, some cannot understand, but many more can or will someday. "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." I Cor. 1:18
Thank you once again for sharing! My prayers are lifted for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home