Friday, April 06, 2007

Many times recently the Lord has reminded me that He is doing a new work. That He is leading somewhere that I cannot go alone, and that I will not arrive unless I am surrendered to Him.

I am amazed at how easy it is to cross the line and begin to believe things about myself that are no reflection of me, but are Christ in me. I am thankful for a gracious God who is my All, because pride is always warring for prominence in my life. My life has no purpose apart from Jesus. I cannot accomplish anything of eternal significance or value apart from Jesus.

There is much I know about Jesus, and yet there are those times that I would listen to the enemies voice and claim accomplishments, when there are none present...apart from Jesus.

Last night, for the first time, our Peru leadership team (for the summer) met. It so obvious that our Lord is up to something. We are expecting great things this summer, but it will be a road of suffering that brings glory to Jesus. My biggest fear in knowing myself, is that I will get in the way.

I like to think I know things, and have good things to say. Jesus knows better, and has better things to reveal.

God has assembled a unique team in an unusual fashion. I am in awe of the work He is doing. I do not have words to convey what I see happening. The strength He has brought will contribute to much gain for the King of Kings if we are humble before Him.

If we do not empty ourselves of personal agendas and vain conceit, we only suffer humiliation at our own hands.

If Jesus was about to be crucified today, I fear many of us would be in the crowd shouting our approval to do away with the One we claim as Savior. We are so fluid in a crowd, and so inflexible before God.

We ascend to lofty positions in the church (in our own eyes) and refuse to bend our knees in private. The attitude many of us convey is one of "Jesus is my Lord as long as it serves my purposes."

When was the last time that we really studied the Bible? I don't mean read it, I mean study it verse by verse? Are we changed when we do or do we get up from studying and walk back into the same foolishness? Do we assimilate it like a college student cramming for a final only to forget it as soon as the test is over? Does it reverberate through our lives? Does our countenance reflect the Purity and Presence of Christ or the burdened heart of a beaten down believer?

We are celebrating Easter! The same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead RESIDES in your heart!!! The same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead is the same Spirit that is within you! There is so much POWER in this. Not your power but His. What is He accomplishing in our lives if we are overbooked, overbusy and underbelieving?

He resurrected our lives that we would walk in His power! Are we? Or are we trudging through, reflecting a life no one would want?

If His Holy Spirit is in you, then yield your unbelief, your achievements, and your personal goals. Allow Him to align your will with His. Walk in the power of Christ in you! You can do it...by His will, not by yours.


convicted

2 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was great Brent. Thank you for dying for us Lord.

 
At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your heart with us. I pray you all have a blessed Easter.

Pat Davila

 

Post a Comment

<< Home