Monday, April 23, 2007

Thank you so very much for your incredibly generous responses. We are very moved by them, and appreciate them greatly!

The Lord has been showing me the enormity of His grace. While that should not surprise me, for some reason it does.

I listen to sermons on my i-Pod while I run. Between those and one a friend recently gave me on dvd, I have seen in new light, how very small I am. How very little my life is compared to all that God has done. Not just people, but all of His creation.

That we as people spend so much time trying to convince ourselves and others of our value, just doesn't make any sense. In the big picture, I should just be seeking to glorify God. I should be doing all I can to point others to Him. I need to go to greater lengths to show Christ to those I encounter.

There are so many lost people out there. Not one of us is capable of doing much about that by ourselves. Our cities are filled with millions of people, and only small fractions get it. When you travel down the road and see the sheer numbers of them, it is so obvious that without an all-knowing, all-powerful and all-present God, the task of winning them to Christ could not be accomplished.

Yet His word tells us to look at the sparrow. I have not been to any part of the world that does not have sparrows. They are everywhere! There are so many of them, and most consider them a nuisance, yet God knows each one, and wants us to stop and consider them.

I don't know the ratio of sparrows to people on this planet, but I know God knows and had His hand in creating each and every one. He knows them all by name. He knows you and me by name. Names are so important to Him, that He renames many that He calls into service.

I know my parents love me and gave me a name. They have called me by it for my whole life. Sometimes it has other words attached to it, (if I have been out of line) but I still recognize their voice when they called it out. Yeah, I not only have a name, but I recognize the voices of those who love me when I hear them.

If the God of the universe has taken the time to be present for me, to name me, to surround me with others who love me, and to show me the calling He has for me, who am I that I have the nerve to get so busy, that I try to accomplish other things? Self serving things that don't bring Him glory!

Even then, He offers me His Amazing Grace! I am truly humbled at His breadth, and vastness.
I do not deserve all He has provided. Yet He keeps on giving to me. His love is astounding!

How and why do we sit on this kind of information? This kind of relationship will bring life to the lifeless! Hope to the hopeless! A Father to the fatherless! Love to the unlovable!

It is a sin not to share what we have in Christ! We must mobilize...today!

dad


I am on my way to Mexico! Yay!

10 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are right at your side, praying.

To God be the glory!

Run well!

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May God use you to fulfill His Glory exceedingly Brent!
matt

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God be with you,
Greenfield, Indiana

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tenga un viaje maravilloso mi hermano en Cristo. Rogaré mientras que usted está luchando para las almas del perdido. Marca \o/

Have a wonderful trip my brother in Christ. I will be praying while you are battling for the souls of the lost.
Mark \o/

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Brent,
Please know that I am still in tune with your writing and all you are doing, and your site automatically comes up when I access the Internet. I just rarely have time to respond, but you are always in my thoughts and prayers.
I know that God is still ministering through you to us and to many more, even down here. Angela told me a while back that some of her friends at school told her their children's pastor used BJ's story in a Sunday evening sermon for the adults. Also, one of her friends at church told her that a classmate at a local Christian school did a paper about BJ, especially in regards to the song, "I Would Die for You." We don't even know who that person was. There is one man who still comes to our church as a result of the weekend you spent with us. He was never coming before. Be encouraged. God is working, and the picture is far bigger than anything we can see.
We love you much!

Beth

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I can't believe that I missed reading Friday's post until today. But, (yes I know I shouldn't start a sentence with but), I want to join in with the others who have already expressed their thoughts and feelings about this place of peace, this place of rest, this place of comfort. The list goes on and on.

I don't know where to begin, but just to let you know that I appreciate all the prayer support that everyone that visits here has given so freely to myself and my family, especially when only a little detail was given. For those who have been praying for our family and in particular Hollie. I can't begin to tell you what a different young woman she is turning into, and I know that it is the prayers that have gone up on her behalf and the hand of God.

I appreciate the fact that you tell it as it is, you keep it real, you don't flower it up so that it's easy to read, easy to listen to or easy to digest.
This is my morning visit each day. Although many of us have not meet in person we have the connection of Christ that binds us together, therefore we have the love of Christ for one another, and when we have that love, there is nothing that can break that bond.

There are so many times when I have come to the pc with my cup of tea to sit and soak in what the Lord has for me that day, and your message has made me re-examine myself and my attitude, or perhaps a sense of gratitude, a sense of sorrow as we share with you the pain that you as a family experience each day, and then there is the joy, that is so indescribable, that only Jesus can provide but we see it in your actions, your words, the way that you live your life.
Just in case you haven't realized it yet, I do appreciate everything that you and your family do here on this blog for the Kingdom, and know that it does take time, in the Word, in the presence of the King, to be able to come and sit and write when there is a blank page in front of you.
Prayers continue to rise to the throne room for all the Higgin's family.

In His Love
Linda

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharing Christ with others is the most liberating and joyful act -- if we choose to without fear of condemnation or rejection! Let's not "fit in" just for comfort - let Christ be known!

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

god bless bj and his family


blaylock

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

louboutin shoes, nike roshe run, louis vuitton outlet, nike outlet, longchamp pas cher, oakley sunglasses, ralph lauren pas cher, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, nike free, prada outlet, christian louboutin outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp, longchamp outlet, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton, kate spade outlet, louboutin, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, gucci outlet, burberry, louboutin outlet, replica watches, louis vuitton, louboutin pas cher, air max, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, nike air max, polo ralph lauren outlet, uggs on sale, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, ugg boots, michael kors, replica watches, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, sac longchamp, nike free, jordan shoes

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

true religion outlet, ralph lauren uk, abercrombie and fitch, lacoste pas cher, nike air max, coach outlet, true religion jeans, ugg boots, ray ban uk, sac guess, vanessa bruno, tn pas cher, nike air max, lululemon, ray ban pas cher, replica handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, ugg boots, kate spade handbags, nike roshe, hollister, hermes, new balance pas cher, michael kors, coach purses, burberry outlet online, michael kors, michael kors, michael kors outlet, nike blazer, nike free run uk, nike air max, vans pas cher, burberry, michael kors, north face, north face, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, air force, coach outlet, true religion jeans, timberland, mulberry, michael kors outlet, hogan, hollister pas cher, oakley pas cher

 

Post a Comment

<< Home