Thursday, April 12, 2007

Two weeks from today, we will head back to Indiana to attend Lauren's college graduation. I cannot believe she has been there for four years. It is amazing to me how time passes in larger blocks as we age.

She has grown a great deal and I am very proud of her. There has been much on her plate, and by His strength, she has met each challenge, and overcome. Now if she can get through the last two weeks!

We will be moving her to Oklahoma for the time being. She will co-lead one of our mission teams this summer. She and David (who led BJ to Peru) will take a team of 20 to India. They are very excited about what God has in store there.

After India, Lauren is hoping to attend grad school. She is currently seeking the Lord's direction for where that would be...and if that would be.

It truly only seems like a couple of years ago, that I walked the aisle and collected my college diploma. Well its actually been 25 years. How can that be?

I am looking forward to having Lauren at home for a bit. I miss her. So do her Oklahoma friends. I am not sure the few weeks before we leave for the summer will be enough.

As we have grown accustomed however, we must make the moments count, and not view it through the lens of time. We are blessed to have her here for a time at all...and thankful.

Whitney will arrive here a week after Lauren, as she finishes her sophomore year of college. She will only be home around 9 days. However, those will be wonderful days. Days we will spend together hanging out, and just loving each other (hopefully I won't put on my grumpy pants during that time frame).

She will likely return to Indiana and work this summer. She is still negotiating this process. She is applying to nursing school where she is enrolled, and other places. She hopes to participate in medical missions, soon.

I love my girls, and am very proud of them. Somewhere above, I think they have a little brother who feels the same way.

Today, just the anticipatory musings of a father's heart.

dad

2 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have beautiful heart my brother! \o/

 
At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the fact that a kid can do so much,I hope I can do the same.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home