Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Check Spelling Prayer is such a vital part of ministry.


A year ago, I was in Mexico with a team who gathered in the back yard of a willing host, to portray the gospel, through the performing arts. Our team had been billed as the main attraction to an event that had brought out many people.


Hundreds were wedged into this enclosed area. As my team began, I was overwhelmed at the lostness that was amassed into one place. The desperation for truth that creased the faces of most of these people, brought about a deep sense of humility, brokenness and purpose.


One could not move as bodies were pressed in so tight. Normally, this might have brought about a claustrophobic reaction for me. Not this time. God had delivered a powerful sense of purpose in this place. While I could not move...I couldn't even turn around to watch my team...I could pray! I wasn't alone.


The stage was so small that we had to reduce the number in our drama, significantly. The rest of us prayed. As always, God was faithful!


The team finished up and the assigned student shared the gospel with the crowd. Hundreds came to Christ! It was one of many amazing moments from that week, as we saw the masses give their hearts to Jesus! We connected most of them to a local body of believers for discipleship before we left.


I am amazed that we can cross a nearby border and see the level of spiritual hunger increase exponentially! The wealth in our culture has far too many people lulled into a false sense of security and hope.


In a little over a week, I will be returning to this same area with a team of over 25 students and mature adults. I believe God has a dramatic work to do through these who have responded to His call on their lives.


Prayer is such a vital part of ministry.


This team leaves Tulsa on March 15th for a week of serving the Lord, by going. Won't you please serve, by praying (until you can go)?


Perhaps next time, you can join us!


dad

5 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Marti Pieper said...

"Won't you please serve, by praying
(until you can go)?"

That's what I've done for a number of years! God has kept me in the position of the one praying and staying while others (especially those in my family) went--to Argentina, Peru, Hungary/Romania, Mexico, Chile, Ecuador, India and Brazil (several of these multiple times!).

Next Saturday, God is allowing me to GO! I'll be joining Brent and the Awe Star team as they travel to Nuevo Laredo. I'm so excited to follow in the footsteps of two of my children (who also participated in their first mission trips here) and a third (who has served there again and again).

But mostly, I'll be following Someone else. I know He has great plans for us. I will echo Brent by asking for your prayer support as we go--and grow!

with tender love
and prayers in pink,

Marti

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please know that we will be praying!

Brad

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brent & Marti & team!

Absolutely know that we will be on our knees for ALL of you!!

We will be waiting with expectant hearts to hear of the work that the Lord does through you and you with Him!

We love you!
Tammy

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more thing...

"For then I will give to the peoples purified lips, that all of them may call on the name of the Lord, to serve Him SHOULDER TO SHOULDER" Zeph 3:9

Praying & serving ... shoulder to shoulder!

Zephaniah!

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I'll be praying for you, Marti and Brent, and for our dear neighbors in Nuevo Laredo. Via con Dios, Amigos!
Mark \0/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home