Friday, February 29, 2008

Pastor Tito's newest arrival, Stacy!


I spent the last couple of days ministering with a friend in Nashville, Tn. It was wonderful. I haven't been there in a long time. I hadn't seen the friend in years. I hadn't heard his heart in longer.


What God does in the bonds of friendship is significant! We all need people in our lives who love us and surround us with a similar walk with Christ. The deeper they are in Him, the better for us. We need to try to surround ourselves with people who are in love with Christ. This spurs us on in our own walk!


The young man I was with is a youth pastor at Faith Presbyterian near Nashville. When I had the opportunity to meet his pastor, I was stirred deeply. This man walks with the Lord in such ways that upon meeting him, I could sense the power of the Holy Spirit in his life.


I love it when the Lord provides those kinds of opportunities! This man, Pastor Richard, is the father of six and a man who has seen the ugliness the world can throw at us, and has survived to point others to Christ!


Just having a few minutes with him was a refreshing, long cool drink of water! Fellowship, and the sharing of hearts in the few moments we were allowed, has been such an encouragement to me. He is one who seeks hard after the Lord, the way we all need to. He is not perfect, he has made mistakes, but his undeniable love for Jesus, shines brighter than any other passion or thought in his life.


That is what I want my life to look like!


I want to reflect Jesus for all to see! I believe that is what He calls us to do.


I want to take up my cross and not bear it like a heavy burden, but with a thankful and gracious heart for the realization of all He has done for me! I want to deny myself as Jesus taught and did. How often was He serving the needs of others above His own?! He did this routinely.


Too often when we do so, we also add our complaints and frustrations and it eliminates any godliness from the experience. When we serve, we need to reflect Jesus, period.


I am most grateful for the opportunities the Lord has given me to hang out with and get to know other believers over this past month!!! Wow, how incredible it has been! How encouraging!!!


This morning, I close out the month by speaking at Evangelistic Temple Christian School. I cannot wait to see what God has in store!!! What an adventure this life is, when we truly are seeking after Him!!!


dad

3 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for speaking at chapel today at ETS. BJ's story was such an inspiration to me and gave me a new fire.

Rachel (I played the piano for worship)

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say thank you so much for coming to our chapel and speaking today. It was an amazing story and know it touched all of us.BJ's story has inspired me in so many ways.I could not of asked for a better time to hear about him. I will be praying for you and your family. Thank you again very much

Keesha Davis

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Gracie Gibson said...

Hey Mr. Higgins its Gracie from Evangelistic Temple...plese check out my page you have no idea what your message did to me today thank you for speaking and I've found my calling I'm working on a skit right now for Mission Academy a Middle School program at my church the song is I'd Die for You=]
God Bless-
Gracie Gibson age 16 Evangelistic Temple

 

Post a Comment

<< Home