Monday, November 30, 2009


Our family at Thanksgiving!!!

We had a great Thanksgiving. Some brought the flu with them, and were sick over our holidays, but that did not dampen our spirits or time together! What a blessing!


I leave for Venezuela on Tuesday, December 1 and will be there until the 9th.

I am amazed at how our Lord uses us in spite of ourselves. He stretches us beyond our own comfort, and uses our obedience to speak into the lives of others.

I am a homebody. I would prefer not to travel. I like being at home, and doing outdoor stuff. Cavorting around the globe was never on my personal "bucket list."

I am very comfortable in my own space. I like being comfortable. I like not having to meet the expectations of anyone but me. Then, when I fall short, I only disappoint myself.

Being an approval junkie, makes this extra difficult. I want to please those in my life. It affects the way I think, process, make decisions, even write. I want to be liked by others. I don't much like the fact that I like this.

I have learned through the years, that I will disappoint others, regardless of my choices. I will not always please everyone. I groan within when I realize I have let others down, especially those closest to me.

I strive to make choices that please my Lord, and then have to trust that others will understand, whether or not they agree. I am not always successful. Sometimes, I fail my Savior.

This trip to Venezuela, is to coordinate contacts and scheduling for a summer team I will send back in the summer. I am going with three other men. I have spent time with one of these men. He is my pastor. The other two, I have shared a round table discussion with for about an hour.

I do not know exactly what to expect. I am thankful these men have all been there before. They know the contacts and the lay of the land. I wish Deanna was going. I would rather not make these trips without her.

I will be making day trips with a man I really don't know. He is older and wiser than me. We will travel to several cities to meet with local pastors. That should make this a low pressure situation. I am usually the one shouldering the pressure. It will be a nice change to allow someone else to be in charge of most aspects of my life. I hope I can surrender them to him.

I like things the way I like them. I like people to like things the way I like them. I have a feeling I need to learn to like things the way he likes them.

I am not sure I am ready for that, but will try.

One thing I do enjoy about travel this time of year, is seeing how other countries prepare for, advertise and celebrate Christmas. I was in Peru with Brad and Walker two years ago, around this time. The volume of ads is far fewer, but their approach interesting.

During this season when we are supposed to be focusing on our Savior, His birth, and the incredible gift He is, it will be good for me to have to let go of the things I like and submit to someone else. It's good practice for how I am supposed to live my life for Christ, each day.

Somehow, its easier to submit to God than man. Men are silly. God is not. Men do dumb things for no apparent reason. God has a purpose in all He does. I'd rather submit to God. I have to practice being a good follower, and submit to man.

It will be good for me. I know we will have a blessed time together. I know we will stretch each other. I trust, we can have impact for His kingdom. After all, that is what this is all about.

Nothing else really matters. Bringing glory to God is our goal. Bringing honor to Him in how we serve and love Him and one another, is the point of living. I should be able to live for nine days, right?

I sure hope so, because if I can't do it for nine days, then why should I expect others to do serve under my leadership?

If you can't follow well, you won't lead well.

I am going to be a good follower... of Jesus!!!


brent

20 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless,
Greenfield, Indiana

 
At 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

order alprazolam xanax side effects dry eyes - buy xanax generic

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ambien for sale online does ambien drug test - ambien for sale online no prescription

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy xanax online xanax wiki drug - xanax bars energy drink

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

zolpidem high zolpidem xanax combination - zolpidem tartrate not working

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lorazepam without prescription generic name for ativan - gravol ativan withdrawal

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy diazepam buy diazepam valium usa - diazepam 5mg what is it used for

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

xanax order no prescription xanax withdrawal 0.25mg - xanax under tongue

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

diazepam generics diazepam online cheap - diazepam dosage opiate withdrawal

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy ativan ativan causes high blood pressure - ativan withdrawal recovery

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

soma 350 mg order soma online cod - generic soma drug

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy soma generic carisoprodol highest mg - buy soma hair products

 
At 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

order soma buy soma frame - carisoprodol side effects weight gain

 
At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

online soma soma horas minutos online - what is carisoprodol 350 mg tablet for

 
At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

soma online soma drug picture - order soma online

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

valium anxiety valium vs clonazepam anxiety - valium dosage alcohol withdrawal

 
At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy soma carisoprodol dosage children - buy soma tramadol

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

soma price buy soma rush frame - how to buy somatropin

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy valium online roche valium sale uk - valium 20mg street price

 
At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ambien drug ambien and alcohol sleepwalking - cheap ambien india

 

Post a Comment

<< Home