Friday, December 02, 2005

When Beej used to hike with me, he'd bring back hiking sticks, and stand them against the garage for next time. Now granted, I usually had one in hand, but I always used the same one. He brought back big ones, small ones, skinny ones, and even one that looks like the grim reapers scythe. When family came and hiked with us, they would grab a stick and off we'd go.

These pieces of wood now rest against the garage, waiting to be put back into active service. There must be at least a dozen of them. I was sharing with a friend today that I just cannot seem to "want" to hike. I'm not sure why, and it really doesn't matter. I know when family gathers at Christmas, we will hit the trails.

Last week while working in Slidell, Louisiana, there were a few of us who used chain saws, and many who carried tree limbs to the curb. We were on our way home, and sharing our thoughts about the trip (about 30 of us). One of the girls...Megan... shared about how she had to swallow her pride, because carrying two pieces of wood seemed demeaning. She is a very hard worker, and even gained a new nickname...Chainsaw Chick... as she is quite good at using one. As other people shared, I was struck by her words. As a matter of fact, I was moved by the word picture that it brought to mind.

What immediately flooded my thoughts was the scene of my Lord and Savior, as he carried two pieces of wood for me!

"He went through the blood, the least we can do is go through the mud" BJ Higgins


We head to North Carolina today. Please pray for the lost who are attending the services. Also the believers who need a fresh touch from our Savior. May His Name be glorified in all we do!

dad

Our computer crashed last night. I came to camp to post, today. The enemy is on the prowl. Please cover this trip with prayer.

15 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heavenly Father,
Please be with the Higgins Family today as they travel to N.C. I pray that they will have safety and that You will work through them to bring the lost to Christ. I pray that all aspects of the program go smoothly...to your glory. I pray also Father that you will continue the healing process in this family. Thank you Father, that they want to serve You through this blogsite. Please give them peace.
In Jesus Name
Amen

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Kim Mierau said...

Praying for your safety, and for your message to be well-received so that many more can know Christ. Also that this trip may bring you comfort and healing, and closer knit you as a family. Love *Kim

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Heavenly Father,
I thank you for the Higgins family and their willingness to serve you .I thank you for all the souls that will be saved this weekend as they witness to them about You. Most of all , I thank you for the smoothness of each aspect of this weekend.
I ask that you be with the Higgins and use this weekend as a comfort and healing time for them.
Lord amaze us all this weekend.
Amen

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I came the the site early this morning you hadn't posted yet so I left another comment on yesterday's blog. I don't know if you went back and read it or not but I wanted you to know what I had written...I was up early and when I looked out my kitchen window to the east I saw it was a cloudy day but the clouds were PINK!!! God has gift wrapped the day for you!
Dear Heavenly Father,
Grant this sweet family traveling mercies and bring many to hear the message hope and salvation and receive the precious gift of eternal life that You offer. In Jesus's precious and wonderful name, Amen

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've got you covered!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger phil4yahshua said...

Lord of ALL creation protect Brent and Deanna as they travel this weekend. We claim the Blood of our LORD amd Savior, Jesus, Yahshua, to protect them in their going while they are there to minister and on their return. We expect to once again see the Holy Spirit work in a mighty way. Speak through Brent and Deanna. Give them strength that is supernatural so they know thier God is once again using them to bring countless lost into the Kingdom. We stand together as the body of Christ and we thank you in advance for all that you will do.

Brent and Deanna, Lauren and Whitney....We AGAPE you all...

Love from the deepest part of my heart..........
Phil

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying for your family in Arlington, TX! Hope that when my son is older, we have the kind of relationship with him that you all have had with BJ. Life is precious, life is sweet. Happy Belated Birthday to both of you. Safe travels.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger . said...

Happy Belated Birthdays!

Still checking--every day.

Still praying....

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will be praying for you even more as you go out of town. I know that God is going to use you to bless the lives of those you visit with this weekend. Thank you for being an amazing example of pressing on.

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday,Brent
I hope that it was a nice day for you. By th way, after reading your posts about each other, I can see that you two still love each other very much. After 23 years, that is an accomplishment in todays society. I hope I can have a marraige like that some day. BJ always spoke very highly of you both, and I can see why.

Heavenly Father
Please be with the Higgins as they prepare to go to North Carolina. Let them have safe passage and work your will.

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for your safe travel
Love to you Family
Lisa
Indpls., IN

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm all over it =)

love you all.. Kristin

 
At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your family will be in our prayers.

Pat Davila

 
At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying.......

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home