Monday, February 06, 2006

Highland Lakes Camp hosted the second weekend, winter youth retreat in a row. Students and leaders from all over Indiana were in attendance. It was the first time I had seen many of these folks since BJ passed. What encouragement, support, and love were extended. Some by words, and some speechless, through hugs.

I love to see a packed worship center, where people are offering up praise to our God. Several gave their hearts to the Lord, and others felt God's call to stand up and walk their walk.

It was my privilege to share BJ's story with this group. The Lord truly moved among us, and stirred the hearts of His children. Last weekend, many of the students were senior high. This weekend many were junior high, the age BJ was when God called him to the mission field.

I was struck momentarily speechless, when after I shared, two precious sixth grade girls came up and asked Tom (the director of the event) and me what a "mission field" was. My immediate internal reaction was "are you kidding?!" The girls asking, had seeking eyes, and were completely serious.

What an honor to explain to them that the mission field was all around us, and encompassed anyone who was not a believer in Jesus, as Lord and Savior of their lives. And to go on further and share that God called some of us across the street, and others across the seas to share His love. They walked away with the satisfaction of this new knowledge.

I met students and adults that are missions minded, and are serving. I met people who are hurting, but by His grace have been sustained. I met one young lady who at 13, knows God's call on her life, and will go on her second mission trip this summer. Many others were realizing their need to be faithful.

At the conclusion of sharing his testimony, and as "Die for You" (by MercyMe... the BJ inspired song) played, many spontaneously rose to honor the Lord, and reflect their hearts desire to take BJ's place.

Lord, I trust these were not just emotional gyrations, but further evidence of "raising a revolution!"

May Your Name be greatly praised in this day!

brent (dad)

4 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! What a beautiful weekend you described. I thank God for all these open doors to testify and all these open hearts that hear and obey. I am praying for them that they do not waver in their obedience. I know our King Jesus will guide their steps, supply their needs, and satisfy their souls along every step of their path.

I pray the Lord enlarges your tent, that you would have more influence and opportunities to spur on this generation for the kingdom. I love you and am prising God along side you.

 
At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOD IS GOOD - ALL THE TIME!!!

 
At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how I have missed reading these entries. My sister, Sue, made it through her surgery ok and is slowly recovering. Thank you all for your prayer support, which I truly felt. I was with my sister for 5 days, home for 1, then back helping her for 5 more days after she got out of the hospital. It was difficult to see her struggle with such basic things, but good to see her improve over the course of the week.

I so appreciate the depth of your sharing, Brent and Deanna, as I believe it pulls us together as one body, as Christ meant it to be.

Continued prayers are with you all. Looking forward to the Mercy Me song too!
Tina

 
At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi- I went to the winter youth retreat and I wanted to know if you could send me any information regarding missions opportunities. I remember you talking about them after your son's extremely inspiring testimony but I never got a chance to ask you about it. I don't have an email address but if you could send some info to tomgr@ethixs.com I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks- love in Christ
Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home