Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Today is a special day!

Six or seven years ago, I was on staff at Crosswinds Community Church. I served as Associate, and Youth Pastor. The church wanted to ordain me for gospel ministry, and we were moving forward to do so. Then as I was doing my routine study, I heard from the Lord about this. He specifically told me that I was not to go through with ordination at this time. I did not understand, but knew I needed to be obedient.

I told the pastor, and then the church. They agreed to license, but not ordain me. They did not have an issue with doing it this way. I was very thankful. They are precious people.

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out why God had postponed this. I came up with no solid answers (shocking, I know). I have often wondered over the years if I had done something wrong, or otherwise gotten in the way of His plan, and was being punished. Seldom did I really feel this way, but it is the thought process I went through.

I remember when He first called me into ministry back in 1997. I was convinced my ministry would start within the year. I could not see anyway that it would take longer. Shocking, but I was wrong again. I saw full time ministry as the only solution to what He had called me to, yet He did not lead me to full time ministry until two years ago.

Now 9 years later, I am finally going to be ordained. I am very excited. This time, I went to Him with the question, is it right this time? The words he gave me were from Esther 4... "for such a time as this, you have been raised up." As I thought this over, and wanted to know if my God was really the author of this, I received confirmation from someone very close to me, who unknowingly spoke those exact words just when I was asking the question, without being aware of my conversations with the Lord.

Tonight, it is to finally happen. I Praise God, and am humbled that He would allow me to serve Him in this way. I do wish BJ could have been a part of this service, but truly, my Father knows best.

dad (brent)

10 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Brent! You remain such a wonderful example of obedience to Christ. Thank you for showing that to all of us!

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Brent!! This truly is an exciting day. From what you have shared with us just through this blog, I know we can all tell you are truly a servant of the Lord, even without being being ordained. However, I understand that being ordained somehow makes it feel more official because I am an ordained deacon in our Presbyterian church and it was one of the most exciting days in my life. BJ will be there...inside each of you and in spirit. Praise God for His faithfulness to us all!
Tina

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited and proud for you!!! I know that God will continue to use you and your family to further His Kingdom. Indeed, for such a time as this...this has been something that I have remebered over and over again since the AweStar reunion. God has shown me so much since then and it was with those words and reading them again this morning that He told and confirmed for me where I was to serve Him this summer.
I thank God for your faithfulness in serving Him.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger natenamy said...

Brent and Deanna-- we are so excited for everything that God has in store for you as you learn to follow Him and GO even when you do not have solid answers. You are a great example to us both as Christians and as a married couple and we will miss you terribly when you are gone (but we promise to come out and bug you in Tulsa sometime).
We will be there tonight to support you and are so glad that we have this opportunity.
I wish Beej could be at church tonight too. But I have a feeling that he has a pretty good seat up there and I know he is very proud!
We love you both... a whole bunch.
Ames (and Nate-doggies)

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Brent!! You are truly a servant and obedient to our Lord.
BJ will be with you tonight and most certainly proud of his Dad. I mentioned this before but it is certainly worth saying again.
I had a conversation with BJ on one of his visits staying at our house. We were talking about your move, BJ explained how he felt about the move.
First he explained your town to me as a place where there is not much to do for most people unless you like to hang out at the grocery store for entertainment. BJ then proceeded to tell me he thought you moved there to personaly take him away from the city life and bad influences that come from living in a bigger city. I asked BJ if he was happy with the move? He told me not at first, But he was then very happy with the move because he knew it was right for his Dad and family. BJ also told me "I am so proud of my
Dad" BJ also said, "There is a lot of work to be done but my Dad can do anytyhing" So Brent, You know BJ will be proud. I 've had many conversations over the years with children, Although I do not recall anyone who is more proud of a parent than BJ of his Dad!!
Congratulations Brent!!
Sincerly
your friend and
Sister in Christ
Lisa
Indpls., IN

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations Brent,
Isn't it amazing how things just fall into place when we wait upon the Lord. Oh how often we forget to do just that... I know I'm talking to myself...

Wish we could be with you on this wonderful day, unfortunately we can't so Kevin and I pray that the Lord bless's you beyond measure, that He is your constant companion and the One who directs you in every area of your life.
Oh how proud BJ must be as he watches from heaven.

In His Love
Linda
Shawnee

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meet B.J's aunt Beth she goes to my church

 
At 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!

 
At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exciting!

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a GREAT CLOUD OF WITNESSES, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us" Hebrews 12:1

What a race He has planned for you...

May we be your sideline encouragers & fellow racers...

On our knees, we continue to pray for all you...

Most certainly BJ is in the front row of the "bleachers" in the cloudful of witnesses!

Praise Him!

Brent & Deanna...Mark & I were just talking about how exciting it is to move to another place in our lives with our King. We marvel at all that has happen in the last year & are excited beyond words because we know in our circumstances He has prepared us for something so special...what could be next with such preparations?

:) Funny how our minds can't even get around all that He can do!

So wonderful to witness what He is doing with all of you.

Know you have soldiers of prayer behind you...committed, yes very committed!

All of our love...

 
At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my man! BJ is a part of this service!! You see, he has had lots of time to commune with his Lord. There has been lots of discussion going on - you have not only been ordained by the church, you have been "Ordained", "Called up" by God Himself!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home