Sunday, March 26, 2006

What an amazing weekend in Jesus!!! Our family traveled to the Danville, Kentucky area where we had the opportunity to share at two different churches, Forks of the Dix River Baptist Church, and Gethsemane Baptist Church. What precious and amazing brothers and sisters in Christ we encountered!

Saturday evening at Forks Church, we were treated to a pitch-in dinner before we shared. When you eat fried chicken in Kentucky does that automatically make it KFC? I wonder if Col. Sanders family gets royalties for all the chicken consumed inside the state line? If so, they got wealthy after, Saturday night. Good food and genuine people who have a love relationship with Christ are what we encountered.

After dinner, we moved to their sanctuary, where Whitney and Lauren each shared songs they had written either after BJ passed away, or one that has become more meaningful as a result of his death.

How blessed I was to hear them lift up their voices for our King! Like their mother, they are truly gifted and touched the hearts of many students and adults alike. When their worshipful part of the evening concluded, I shared about BJ's life, our journey, and how it is applicable to each of their lives. From conversations later, I learned some of the students had committed to going on a mission journey the church was planning, who did not previously plan to go. Praise God for this!

Sunday morning at Gethsemane was powerful. Deanna sang, followed by Lauren. Deanna shared the Casting Crowns song "Praise You in the Storm" that had ministered so deeply to us while in the hospital. Lauren shared her new song "Unshaken." The Lord definitely places His anointing on music at times, and this was one of those times. Moving, very moving!

Sharing before this church and their television audience was a significant blessing to us. Doing so on the 6 month anniversary of BJ's death was healing for us, while certainly emotional. The altar was lined with those who were seeking to restore their relationship with Christ, or praying about taking BJ's place on the mission field. We heard from many whom the Lord touched during the service.

One lady who was 50 to 60 something introduced herself as "Eula Christ, child of the King." She declared this would be her approach to meeting new people from here on out. She was doing so as a result of hearing about BJ's declaration that his name was "BJ Christ, son the King." How powerful a testimony will that be for our Savior, as she shares her faith in this way, with unsuspecting new friends!

I met a young college student whose mother passed away last May from cancer, and whose father abandoned her shortly thereafter. That is pain I cannot understand. Her strength moved me. I told her I would be praying for her, but her response was, "Please pray for my dad, he is the one who really needs it." Ashley, you have the prayer support of this blog family. We are lifting up your father, and praying for his return to his Savior, and to you! Girl, you are my hero. You bless me with your resolve to remain faithful to Jesus. You have truly embraced your significant task! We need more young women like you! I am praying you will join me on an upcoming mission journey.

How Awesome is our God!!! How blessed are we as His children to be able to fellowship and celebrate Him together. Praise God!!!

dad (brent)

Frank L., you have rightly opened my eyes, and I am most appreciative. I shared about you and your poignant words. Thank you, just thank you.

8 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God..

P.S. I will be seeing you Wednesday evening.

Love

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep it going!!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Praise God for all He is doing through the empty vessels you alow yourselves to be.

I haven't posted in such a long time, and my apologies for that. I spoke several months ago about a dry place that I was in. Unfortunately satan took a hold and turned my feet in the opposite direction and for many weeks/months I was walking the wide path. But all praise and glory to my Lord and King who sends people into our lives to minister to us at exactly the right time. I'm so happy to report that breakthrough came last night, after church while listening to worship music at home.
I am so thankful that the Lord nevers leaves us or abandons us when we are either stubborn, pigheaded, strong willed or just plan stupid, (all the above describe me in the last few months). He is so faithful to remain with us and like the gentleman that He is, He never pushes His way in, but gently knocks at our hearts.
Thank You Lord Jesus that Your love, forgivness and mercy cleanes and covers this filthy body of all unrighteousness and sins.

Praise God Hollie is doing so well at her school, she has taken a hold of the opportunity that was given to her (even though she didn't want it) and is running with it to turn her life around and is like all of us attempting to walk the narrow path for Jesus. Her relationship with Kevin and I is improving and for that I am so very thankful.
Thank you to all my family in Christ who have been lifting this situation up to the throne room of grace, your prayers are appreciated more than you will ever know.

Brent and Deanna you continue to inspire me and I'm sure so many others to live for our God and King in a radical way, may God continue to open new doors for you to minister to the lost and hurting the wonderful lifesaving truth of Jesus Christ.

In His Love
Linda Ronne

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's such an encouragement to worship and fellowship with other believers, and to hear their testimonies! Thank you so much for sharing and glad that you're back safe!!
Is there any special prayer requests I can cover (N.A. this summer, the move to Oklahoma, or any everyday requests...)?? Just let me know. Love you guys!
Mary

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi all.... We love reading your entries as we pray all the time for you and your ministry... it sounds like your hearts are so full of Joy and sadness!! How great is OUR GOD always.... we are glad you are back safely... as always we love you. Scharbroughs

 
At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, I will be praying for Ashley, her father, and of course for you guys! I can't wait untill this summer when we can serve the LORD together.

 
At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site but not exactly what I was searching for on http://www.homegrownhydroponics.ca/. Although I found some info useful. I will continue my search for hydroponics information now. Cheers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home