Monday, March 13, 2006

Okay, I am going to stop posting my flight information because the Lord has plans I am not aware of. I arrived at the Indy airport for my flight to Kansas City. I had been forwarned that Southwest Airlines doesn't do assigned seats. You get an "A," "B," or "C," stamped on your ticket and you line up accordingly.

If you are in the "A" line you get on first. The "B" line second, and so on. I was in the "A" line, and was first or second in line. I was going to get my choice of seats! (I like to be up front so I can get off quickly)

The time came to board, but there was no plane. The time came to leave, but no plane. Then, a voice over the loudspeaker... "if your final destination is Tulsa, please come to the desk. I had to relinquish my amazing spot in line for who knows why!

I get to the desk, and am told, "We don't know whent this plane is coming, and we are rerouting you to Chicago. You will catch the same flight there that will head to Kansas City." "What about my luggage," I ask? "We will ship it to you if it does not arrive in Tulsa. You can tell them that Patty said so." I am thinking "I don't think they will care what Patty in Indy said when I arrive in Tulsa. I tell her, "but I'll be in Mexico." A distraught desk clerk does not know what to say to me.

She is busy getting my tickets ready. She is doing so using the 'hunt and peck' method of typing. One finger at a time! She retyped my name. I was no longer Brent, now my name is Robert. If my plane goes down, my wife and daughters will not know it, because Robert Higgins died, not Brent Higgins.

She handed me my ticket. I have been bumped from an "A" to a "C." "I can't fly as an "A," I ask? "I don't have "A" cardstock, I am sorry."

Great! I am going to Chicago as Robert Higgins, and I am flying as a "C," no doubt at the back of the plane.

I sit down, and it hits me. "Your disappointment is God's Divine appointment." I wasn't too thrilled to remember that, at that moment. Frustrated, I look around and begin to pray for His leading.

I arrive in Chicago, scurry to my next gate, and get in the "C" line. The "A" and "B" lines extend for "infinity and beyond." I am thinking... "back of the plane." After what seemed like hours, my turn comes to get on the plane. To my utter amazement, the first row of seats has 4 vacancies!

I sit down, and my swirling brain is trying to calm down. I had a strong sense from the Lord that my front row seat was His way of showing me that He was in control, and I needed to be ready.

Seated in my row, two seats over sits a lady in her 50's or 60's. A conversation begins. We begin talking about her family. Her son is in graphic design and works for the "WatchTower."

That was my cue. I knew why I was sent to Chicago. That publication is put out by "Jehovah's Witnesses." When she finishes her story, I share mine. I share about BJ's journey. His love for Christ, and his laying down his life for His purposes.

She is a very sweet lady, and I hope to meet her again. We discussed scripture. I asked her how she was saved. She said "by works." I showed her Ephesians 2:8-9, and she read it from her Bible, as I followed along in mine. She talked of James writings that "faith without works is dead." I told her that "works are the result of a love relationship with Jesus, and not a means to salvation." I reiterated the Ephesians passage, that "We are saved by grace through faith, and not by works so that no man may boast."

In the end, she asked if I would take a book she had on the the Bible. I told her that I would, but that I didn't agree with the theology, and that I beleived Jesus was fully God and fully man. I showed her scripture on that, and she debated, and said Jesus was not God. We had a wonderful conversation. I am not sure she understood what I was saying, but thankfully, that is up to the Holy Spirit, and not me. Another seed was planted. But she would probably say the same of her conversation with me. The difference is, "I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able, to keep that which I've committed unto Him against that day."

Glory Lord Jesus!

dad

14 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Back to Indiana Brent

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praising God for you faithfulness and your knowledge of the Scriptures! A seed was definitely planted!

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN!!

 
At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am constantly amazed how God works things out. We'll be praying for the lady that you were able to witness to.

Barbara

 
At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I went down the week before you did to Mexico. I am keeping updated with what is going on down there. I hope that the rest of the trip is successful. God Bless you!!

Kim
HLG

 
At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why be an average guy any longer

Weight loss as seen on Oprah and CNN!

Feel, young, energetic and revitalized!

Don't get left behind, get phermones

Beware of fake enhancement products

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ultra Allure Pheromones - Beware of imitators, this is the original men's phermone

Advanced Gain Pro Pills - Don't get ripped off my fakes anymore

Penis Growth Patch Rx - Beware of fake pills

Anatrim - Make yourself more attractive to others

Regenisis HGH - Re-energize your body

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Penis Growth Patch Rx - She will love you more than any other guy
You now have a truly amazing option for intense and effective penis enlargement: Penis Growth Patch Rx. Drastically enlarge the penis length and width to sizes previously thought impossible! Gain incredible girth and mind-blowing length in just a few weeks time!

Ultra Allure Pheromones - Beware of imitators, this is the original men's phermone
McCalls's magazine: "Pheromones can Improve one's sex life, pheromones send out subconscious signals to the opposite sex that naturally trigger romantic feelings."

Anatrim - Burn pounds off with Anatrim
Weight loss is never simple. But as millions of people are now discovering, weight loss has become a lot easier, thanks to the amazing new product Anatrim.

Regenisis HGH - Feel young again
Regenisis HGH is the most effective, safe and cost-efficient way towards rejuvinating one's body naturally. Regenisis HGH is an advanced blend of HGH, L-group amino acids, and Growth Factors formulated to help you look, feel, and perform your best. With Regenisis HGH, you too can discover what thousands of men and women worldwide have already experienced, the amazing effects of HGH!

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give me link to SEO software (promotion, advertisement, etc.). I'm need it to promote my new e-shop.
Thanks.

 
At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What will be a better one firewall I can download and use for free, that will come with my windows xp and won't slow it down? :(

 
At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi!,I really like your writing very much! peгcentage we сommuniсate mοre аbout your ροst
on AOL? Ι neеd a specіaliѕt in this houѕe to resοlvе my ρroblem.

Mаybе that's you! Having a look forward to see you.

Feel free to surf to my webpage: Lloyd Irvin

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...


Boreal Europe crosses a state combination is painful break good bureau to play brother of accept of the tower that carry tile male double gain the championship
The Ladiwadana of Thailand brother carries off male Shuang Guanjun of challenge of Beijing international [url=http://nikeshoesonsale.manifo.com/]nike air max 90[/url] tennis.
Sport netDispatch Beijing time on August 7 message, challenge of Beijing international tennis gave first championship definitely 2011. In male double final, gong Maoxin falls into disuse before this / plum the Heliaowala of Zhe / Lidesidete fails to continueing good get victory the look of things, this suffers with 7-6(4)/3-6/3-10 to boreal Europe combination the 2 seeds, Ladiwadana that comes from Thailand brotherly changeover. Latter also wins final championship.
Match beginning, both sides all enters state very quickly. Ladiwadana brother is advanced after 4 bureaus dissolved a broken hair to nod, score formed 2-2 to make the same score. First dishes subsequently of the match go situation also do not have too much be concerned about, heliaowala / one hair of Lidesidete notchs rate achieved 95% breathtaking, let them be in all 6 serve adversary did not give any chances in the bureau; Although serving,play brother of accept of the tower that carry tile there is difference a bit on actual strength, but cooperate tacitly to also help their firmly be defended serve bureau, the game also can go victory or defeat 7 minutes with grabbing only. Grab 7 in take the lead in coming true confuse you to defeat the Heliaowala of hair / Lidesidete precedes very quickly with 4-2, the boreal Europe combination that holds lead dominant position also grabs right-hand seat finally with 7-4 dish victory.
Take the advantage of get the better of the Heliaowala that pursue and attack / Lidesidete also took the lead in finishing broken hair in the 2nd dish of the 3rd bureau, the bureau drop implementation that pulls immediately of brother of accept of the tower that carry tile to dissolve adversary nevertheless is answered broken, score exceeds instead with 3-2 after leaving two bureaus repeatedly. 2 seeds that take the chance to reverse a condition mastered gradually on field active, they capture Heliaowala in the 8th bureau / Lidesidete serves the opportunity that quality drops realized key broken hair again. After taking next serving to get the better of dish of bureau, pull brother of accept of the tower that carry tile to be pulled with 6-3 answer a dish.
Brother is grabbing the Ladiwadana that jumps over Zhan Yueyong after 10 bureaus are hit into 1-1, get 6 minutes of establish repeatedly at a heat the huge advantage with banner 7-1. Right now match victory or defeat also lost be concerned about, play brother of accept of the tower that carry tile finally also with 10-3 changeover Heliaowala / Lidesidete, win final championship.
Editor: ? ? Pay close attention to his small gain
Fan Texi surpasses the line on the activity after basketball hassle season | Sport one ball becomes famous dazzle eye storm will raid

 
At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shemale shots
http://shemale.replyme.pw/?blog.allison
tgirls shemel sex movis free pron vidos.com free shemaile sex transxual sex

 

Post a Comment

<< Home