Thursday, May 11, 2006

I have met so many wonderful people both here in Tulsa, and over the phone in other lands. As I begin to understand certain aspects of my new role in life, I must say how enthused I am at the opportunities to meet and speak to missionaries and others here and in foreign lands. Coordinating between the two is a blessing. Praying for them is a responsibility and an honor.

I have taken many meals with new friends, and had wonderful fellowship. We have spent time praying together, encouraging each other, even consoling one another. I am being well cared for, and I appreciate it.

But guess what. I miss my wife. When the Lord said "and the two shall be one," He was not joking. When you are missing half of you, it is unpleasant. When I constantly meet new people without her at my side, there is no way they are impressed. Deanna is beautiful, and people always think more of me because of her beauty. I can hear their private thoughts... "if a guy that looks like him can land a lady like that, then he must be something!" I am having to do it all on my own and I am not very fond of it.

I always looked forward to getting home in the evening, and spending time with her. Now I look forward to watching the ever present Tornado Watch/Warning signs on my tv screen. I am developing bad habits. Fast food, getting up late, watching guy movies without a chick-flick to break up the monotony, and I've even started to iron my clothes. Do you know how long it has been since I ironed my clothes? This is unfair on so many levels! (okay that statement about ironing sounded a bit sexist. Let me explain... Deanna did not iron my clothes, I wore jeans to work previously, and I am not so OCD that I needed my jeans pressed. Now I wear dress casual to work... please, no hate mail)

We have been together for over 23 years. The most we had ever been separated was a couple of weeks. We have now broken a record we did not set out to best. I miss so many things about her! I cannot wait to see her again!

I found out in the last couple of days that I will get to see her in the near future (not near enough to be with her on Mother's Day... I cannot believe our family is so spread out that none of us will be with her. How unfair for her!) We have been invited to share at a church in the Indpls. area, in a most unusual fashion. Our favorite newscaster will be interviewing us live before the church, in all three of their services. How exciting to see our Lord put something like this together. Not only this, but we will, Lord willing, be interviewed separately for a local television story. If all of this works out, we will pass along more details.

Please know that my enthusiasm is two-fold (at least). We get to point to Christ together, and we get to be together!

Thank you Lord for seeing even this need and meeting it. I was willing to wait, but He has seen fit to allow us a bit of time before she moves.

brent

Lauren's team leaves today for Swaziland, S. Africa to return the end of May

4 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger natenamy said...

Brent-- Ohh ohh ohh, that means we get to see you again. I'm doing the happy-happy-joy-joy dance at my desk! I am so excited both to see you again and for the opportunity that God has given you and Deanna to speak about Him on of all places the NEWS! Amen, that's awesome!!
And, just on a side note, since all of you will be away from Deanna this mother's day, I promise you that I will take extra special care of her that day (it won't be the same as having you there, but I guess Deanna can be my mom for the day since my mom won't be here).
Lauren, Nate and I will be praying for you as you leave to Swaziland... I know you will find the land and the people to be beautiful! We will also be praying that God will fling open doors for you to minister to those there who need Him desperatley!
We love all of you lots!
Hugs and kisses,
Amy (and Nate too)

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys have so many exciting things going on in your life right now! GOD is at work! Thank you for continuing to pour your hearts out to us on this blog. I read it daily! I'm anxious to hear more about the possible video you said you might be able to have on the site so we can all see BJ at work! that would be cool! I'll also be curious to hear more about the Book... and now the TV show! and all of your speaking! you guys do so much work! Thank you for doing God's work! Keep it up!

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning, Brent!

Let me tell you - I can only PRAY & HOPE to find a man someday that loves the Lord & Me the way you love God and your wife ... I know it has taken time and joys and trials to get there, but what a BLESSING it is to see in you!!! I don't think there is anyone in the world I feel I would miss THAT much except for my Gramma who recently passed. My family is not as close as I'd like them to be and so I am used to being without them and their support - something I am working on, better yet - GOD is working on all of us! All of my friends are missionaries in other lands or in the military, so I guess I am just so good at saying goodbye and getting used to not having those that are closest to my heart be very close to me at all. It's just a part of life and I am learning to LOVE my part in this life, because God is brought GLORY through it!

I love you all and praying for you today! HA- I laughed about the ironing of clothes because I DO NOT iron anything - if it comes out wrinkled then back in the dryer it goes!!! hehehe - I bet that means God will bring me a man who needs IRONED clothes just to teach me something new about obedience! BRING IT ON, LORD, because YOU ARE AWESOME!

God bless you!

~Laurel, San Diego

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home