Wednesday, June 21, 2006

During the weeks that BJ was in the hospital and Brent and Deanna were staying there with him our family was blessed to meet scores of their friends and to get to know several of them on a deeper level. What incredible support was shown from the three churches they had been part of as a family. The level of support given and love shown was beyond anything I had experienced.

Their friends took the rest of our families under their wings offering whatever of themselves they could to try and make a difficult situation better for each of us, because of their love for the Lord and the way it permeated their lives.

As a frequent recipient I found myself wondering who in my own life I had ever shown this type of love and compassion to? Who would I be willing to go to such lengths for? This weighed on my heart and has been convicting.

On two occassions last fall I was able to go with groups of these same wonderful people to do hurricane relief work, what wonderful hearts and pure motives I saw in those around me. What a blessing to be ministered to as we met the needs of others. These experiences allowed me the opportunity to see that this is the way these folks lead their lives daily, not just occassionally.

Who around you is hurting today physically, emotionally or spiritually? What are you doing to lighten their load - if only a little bit? You might be suprised at how much a "little" can do when the Lord is in the mix! Reach out and make a positive difference in at least one life today, I'm guessing you won't even have to go very far out of your way to do so.

Lord, we lift up Tina's friend and his family this morning and pray that you would bring healing to all parts of the body and soul. You are able to intervene in so many ways, we pray that above all, your will is done through this tragic accident. Be with those involved Lord and bring them the peace, comfort or conviction they need to deal with the aftermath of such a tragic experience.

We also thank you for your presence with the team today and in the coming weeks, smooth out the road before them, give them confidence and strength and soften the hearts of those they will be in contact with. As the family scatters BJ's ashes and praises are lifted up to you for his brief life and ministry, comfort them and make your face known to them in a very real way.

Thank you Lord for your provision in all things. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Brad

3 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger natenamy said...

Brad--

Thanks for the post today! We are blessed to have gotten to know you and your whole entire wonderful family as a result of the difficult times in the hospital! You are all very special to us.

I have a prayer request for everyone too. Please pray for Lowell (my father-in-law and Nate's dad). He was admitted to Methodist hospital yesterday afternoon with chest pains. He's still there today undergoing tests. They aren't sure what's going on, but are treating it as a heart attack just to be on the safe side. Thanks, and I will give you all more information as we have it!

Tina, please know that we are praying for your friend and his family! I can not imagine how difficult that must be.

Blessings,

Amy and Nate-dog

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger natenamy said...

Okay, just wanted to update everyone. The doctors don't think that Lowell had a heart attack. All the results of the tests they have run so far have been negative (praise God). If he passes his stress test, he will be able to go home later on this evening.

Thank you all for your prayers. They have been felt by our family!

Blessings,

Amy

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just wanted to pop my head in and let you know that I'm praying for those who have put in requests, and of course for all the Higgins family. Hope your recovery is coming along swiftly Brad.
I have 2 prayer request please blog family.
We spent Saturday visiting with Hollie, and there are a number of issues that need to be dealt with straight away. I won't go into details, but just say that her treatment there from her house parents is less than desirable. The school head is looking to place her with different house parents, within the next week and a half, while her house parents are away on vacation. Can I ask that you lift this situation up to the Lord and ask for His hand, and His will in it all. For Hollie that He would give her comfort and peace (she's very hurt and now not trusting anyone).
2nd request last night I had an allergic reaction to something I ate and my throat closed up. Was a bit hairy there for a few hours, but I'm used to it and know what to do. Today I woke up with full blown flu. I know both these situations is an attack and I would appreciate your prayer covering.
Thank you so much.

In His Love
Linda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home